Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
So ill start by saying the battery i have in the car is hooped and it needs to be changed. I havent yet because the car still starts and runs fine but it froze over some really cold nights in the winter and it wont start if i dont plug it and its decently cold. Anyway, the issue i am having now is stemming from the radio. It worked perfectly time once then the next time i started it, it started making this light popping noise through the speakers and everytime it does it, the sound cuts out. It will do this no matter what function of the radio is being used. So basically if the radio is on, it does it. I also noticed that my USB charger below the radio (with the green light around it) cuts out every like 10 seconds or so. It will charge whatever it is that is plugged in for about 5-10 seconds then will turn off for a few seconds and it just repeats this cycle (similar to the radio cutting out). Just wondering where my issue lies and if these are related?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
im sure I am way too late for this

more than likely your issues are from your battery or a bad alternator/voltage regulator. Pretty sure it is built in there. The reason why you notice it in the radio is because it is most obvious. Other things have similar issues going on but your sensori reception is more attuned to the radio and visual cues from your phone.

did you get this fixed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

more than likely your issues are from your battery or a bad alternator/voltage regulator. Pretty sure it is built in there. The reason why you notice it in the radio is because it is most obvious. Other things have similar issues going on but your sensori reception is more attuned to the radio and visual cues from your phone.

did you get this fixed?
I have not no. I will go get a new battery today if i have time and see if that solves anything. Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

did you get this fixed?
Just changed the battery. Radio still doing same thing. Cutting out every 5 seconds. Whenever it cuts out none of the buttons work for a few seconds (for example i cant adjust the volume for 2 or 3 seconds after it cuts out). All while the radio stays on the whole time. Its like it turns off for three seconds then back on for 5 in a continuous cycle but the radio is always lit up and showing the time or the song im playing etc etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
“My washer fluid nossle broke and sprayed under the hood, I'm not sure if something got wet that shouldn't have but about 2hrs later my radio started acting up, it wont let me turn volume up from steering wheel controls or knob, and makes a popping noise through the speakers, then it will kick on and be fine for a few seconds then stop working again. The radio is the basic one that is put in the SE Canada value package.
I did take it out to see if somehow water got into the car and got it wet and it seemed dry to me, the radio fuze was ok too.”

This is someone else’s post i came across. The exact same thing happened to me. Window washer fluid nozzle broke and then my radio did the exact same thing after. It must be from that spraying something under the hood…

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
yeah, I saw you in the other thread.

yes, something must have gotten wet. You didn't mention it in the beginning. I'm really not sure where and how to proceed from here. Try to figure out what could have gotten sprayed, look for obvious signs of water damage, like corrosion. Or what could also be is shorting out, a wire rubs against the body and causes a short since insulation is broken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i spoke with a mechanic i know and he told me to take the radio out and squeeze the top and bottom at the back of the radio as hard as i could so i did and it seemed to fix it. Motherboard must be coming loose. Guess the washer fluid was just a freak coincidence??

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
one vehicle, maybe

two is kinda hard to believe. Keep us posted if squeezing it helped

1 - 10 of 10 Posts