Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new to the site and just had a few questions and was hoping someone could chime in. I just recently purchased a 08 avenger SXT with 135xxx miles and it seems to have the common problem with these transmission. Doesn’t shift out of 1st/2nd. Used a scan tool and got the codes p0700 and p0760(shift solenoid C). I read up on a few test to run and while I’ll was removed the 8mm bolt on top of the connector for the solenoid I noticed the cooler line for the transmission seemed very weak/flimsy and the fitting(that screws in the case of the tranny) broke off. Has a very small lip sticking out, anyone have an idea on how to remove the rest so I can install a new one? Hopefully it’s save able. As for the codes I checked the continuity for pin #4 and 6 and everything seemed fine with the pack. Any other places I should look? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Welcome to the Forumz! Sorry Can't give you a direct answer on either of your 2 concerns as I drive the different platform Coupe model(much older). BUT if you search member ZeeVert, he did some rather involved repairs to his and posted pics and instructions...may help you out that way, as I have not seen him "on line" for some time now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I’ll look into looking him up. I’ve been trying to upload some pictures of the fitting as it’s my main concern right now. But I can’t seem to get anything to upload? I’ve tried both from my cell and a desktop.

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Yeah, been a problem stemming from server changes done by the new site ownership! Take a read on the most recent thread on the tech support- feedback page of the Forum. There is one way posted that seems to work, although it puts it into a "link" format.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ okay thanks for the info. Well I managed to extract the remanding piece of the transmission fitting(thankfully). But before I order a new one I believe the “limp mode” will still be a issue. I checked the ohms for pin #4 and #6 and my multimeter only showed 0.02 is this correct or okay? The site I was reading about testing the solenoid pack stated 0.5-9ohms. Not sure if that’s an indicator for a bad solenoid pack or not. Also read the tipm and pcm can give some problems as well, how would I go about testing them? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe someone can help me, I’ve check the wiring to the solenoid from the pcm and they all seem to be fine. So I unconnected the 8 pin connector from the solenoid and tested the yellow/orange wire(pin #4) and then turned the key and I read roughly 12 volts and then it instantly drops voltage,same if I start the car. Should this power/feed wire hold a constant 12 volts with the key on?

·
Premium Member
6,323 Posts
Welcome to the Forumz! Sorry Can't give you a direct answer on either of your 2 concerns as I drive the different platform Coupe model(much older). BUT if you search member ZeeVert, he did some rather involved repairs to his and posted pics and instructions...may help you out that way, as I have not seen him "on line" for some time now.
Correction...The members user name is Zeevert, sorry for the typo error if you couldn't find him. And his thread dealt with the P0765 problem...but still in the same solenoild pack area of your concern. SOME of what he posts and Pic's of may help. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, now I suppose I’m a little confused haha. I was looking him up and read the post about the tipm and the transmission control relay and how it could effect the voltage I read from the pcm/solenoid connector(which was 12v with the key turned and then dropped shortly after)

https://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Avenger-2008/Components-Systems/Powertrain-Control-Module/_/P-0996b43f81b3c624?source=pepperjam&affiliate_id=43737&click_id=2546410237&ppjmid=43737&cmpid=AFF:US:EN:AZ:NL:1000000:GEN:ppjmid43737-8-11065

But then I was reading this:

https://www.justanswer.com/dodge/4bzfm-dodge-avenger-2008-avenger-sxt-2-4-gas-41te-trans.html

And it’s saying that the tipm shouldn’t/doesn’t effect that connector or voltage at all? Could anyone help clear this up? Not too sure if I posted the links right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That info can be found in a owners booklet. I looked for hours on the web and couldn't find it. I'm new on this forum and don't know how to post a picture of the fuse names yet. I have a 2010 Avenger sxt 2.4L and can email or text you a picture of the fuse names if you want. I am having the same transmission problem as you, won't shift out of 2nd. Get's hung up there and goes into limp mode. A shop wanted $2500 to fix it by replacing the solenoid pack, trans valve body and PCM. I decided to replace the solenoid pack myself as well as installing a used trans but same problem. Want to do more trouble shooting before replacing the PCM though. Let me know if you fix the problem.
Calif

·
Registered
5 Posts
W
That info can be found in a owners booklet. I looked for hours on the web and couldn't find it. I'm new on this forum and don't know how to post a picture of the fuse names yet. I have a 2010 Avenger sxt 2.4L and can email or text you a picture of the fuse names if you want. I am having the same transmission problem as you, won't shift out of 2nd. Get's hung up there and goes into limp mode. A shop wanted $2500 to fix it by replacing the solenoid pack, trans valve body and PCM. I decided to replace the solenoid pack myself as well as installing a used trans but same problem. Want to do more trouble shooting before replacing the PCM though. Let me know if you fix the problem.
Calif
[/QUO

what did you end up doing to fix the “limp mode” issue? I have the same problem with my 2008. I replaced the shift solenoid. It worked properly for a few miles then went back to doing the same thing. Am considering replacing the tipm next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

1 - 13 of 13 Posts