Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal.. I bought an 08 Dodge Avenger off of a buddy and shortly after buying it, the battery would need jumped in order to get it to start. Summed it up to just be a bad battery. But, the other day I went out to start it up and it kinda sorta started but then died. When I attempted to crank it over again, I got nothing.. BUT everything else is still working fine. When turning the key to start it all the of the lights on the dash come on ( As all vehicle dash lights do). Except now once the lights go back off, the red light on the dash gauge area, continues to flash repeatedly. I thought it might have been tripped when iump starting it but, thought it was strange how it initially attempted to start.. I tried a few of the DIY basic tricks but still no luck. I'm no mechanic so I try to get help from my friends or family that are but this one has even them stumped. Plz give me some feedback so I can (Hopefully) start driving it again. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
If that is the red lightning bolt(ETC) there may be an issue with your throttle body. You'll need to get a scanner to read the error codes that come up.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
IF it is just the RED DOT, that's the anti theft light and may have been "triggered" from dead battery and "jump starting" it.
On an older battery, these cars don't like to sit unused(started) for long stretches of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts