Dodge Avenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place since this is car stereo but here it is anyway. I have two 12" 1200W Volfenhag ZX-4812DVX subs sitting in my garage that are BRAND NEW, never been installed.

I'm asking $75 for one or $175 for both, plus whatever the cost of shipping is. The reason I am asking more for both is because I actually only want to sell one of the subs. I plan to install one of these in my Avenger but I think two is way more than I personally need. That said I will part with both for a little more if you only want two.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is this still available?

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, some interest! Yup they are still available and I've dropped the asking price. $100 for both plus shipping. I never updated it here because no one was interested. These things are pretty heavy though so shipping to Canada might be pretty outrageous.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Damn if you can get a shipping quote that isn't crazy I'll be interested. How come you're offering both now? I'll probably only take one though, don't want outrageous vibrations just some nice solid bass without crazy rattling. What kind of weight are we talking?

btw the back of those subs looks sharp almost a shame to hide 'em in a box

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll see what I can do on shipping but I think one weighs probably about 45lb or so? Yeah they would look good in one of those boxes with the plexiglass back. I can take some closer pics of them if you like too.

I decided to sell both because I had a couple bites on Craigslist but no one wanted a single sub so I resigned myself to selling both. I have all the wiring ran for the amp, would just need to pick up a box to hook one up but I'm thinking I may just go with upgrading the factory speakers and adding a real small powered sub to keep weight down.

I used to be all about bump in the trunk but all I listen to these days is heavy metal so I don't really have the need for a big sub.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPS price would be $65 per sub at my estimated weight :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
hmmmm ok so do you think you would sell just one? and if so how much?

I've heard that if you try to put these in a plexiglass enclosure the plexiglass would probably crack...

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd do $50 for one plus shipping if you wanted. Let me check the weight and dimensions and make sure that shipping is right since I just used estimated when I did it earlier.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Alright sounds good, just let me know about the shipping and we'll see if we can get this done. btw have you heard these subs before by chance? I think that two would probably be too much but I thought I'd ask another opinion.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've not heard these before. I did have a set of smaller Volfenhag 12s a few years back and they were real loud. These have never been hooked up but I can hook one up for you before I send it if you like and see how it sounds.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's ok I was more concerned with making sure one would be enough but I think it should be. Anyways if you could get a shipping price for me I'll let you know if it's reasonable enough for me and hopefully I'll start working on a box for it once I know for sure

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lockd:

One sub is on it's way to a new home and I'm going to hang onto the other one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.