Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a 2.0 CRD Performance chip fitted to thier Avenger? Im trying to get an idea of the 0-60 boost and MPG Alteration Figures. Hoping to get one on my demo. Have tried speaking to Chrysler, but no joy. Just a 40BHP Power Increase.........:i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Does anybody have a 2.0 CRD Performance chip fitted to thier Avenger? Im trying to get an idea of the 0-60 boost and MPG Alteration Figures. Hoping to get one on my demo. Have tried speaking to Chrysler, but no joy. Just a 40BHP Power Increase.........:i_rolleyes:
What's a "2.0 CRD Performance chip"? :4-dontknow:

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
The european/uk cars have the 2.0 CRD engine (aka Common Rail Diesel) - he just wants a like a jetchip for it, but I don't think anyone makes anything.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
There are several kits available now that plug in without cutting wires. I don't know if they work, I find them too expensive to put into my lease. From what I read here, is that those chips in general don't live up to expectations. Of course there are exceptions..

·
Registered
8 Posts
well try ziptuning.nl, I did it for 400 eur, was "just" a 30 bhp increase, and the difference is noticable. The wheels spin in the 3rd gear ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one of these...

Is it worth the money ? Because it IS quite expensive...
I allready have some wheelspin, i'm just afraid that if I add more HP I'll just get more wheelspin but wont go that much faster.. (because of the wheelspin)
I also heard you get more power at lower revs ?
(and less power at higher revs ?)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
The BHP increase is nice, but mainly at higher RPM. Top speed will only increase by 1-2 MPH. You will have the most fun with the higher torque, less changing gears, and with some of the chips even better MPG.

The cheaper ones (as from US$ 100.00) are of the same bad quality as the ones we have in the US for the gas engines. Do not take these.

I drove myself with the VW 1.9 TDI engine tuned from 110 to 135 HP (ABT) and was fantastic.

I know one person who has the tuning done by CTH (Belgium), other options would be Peter den Hartog / JD Tuning in the Netherlands.

Good luck with this, and keep us posted.

PS: spinning in third gear? with 3800 lbs car and 140 BHP,............pls send the youtube link.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Best getting it remapped, according to the garage doing mine it will rise to 170bhp but they recommend waiting till the car has done 14000 miles

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got a performance chip from CTH , it gives now 174hp and 404nm , MPG is a bit lower but do not expect mutch ; if you want many ponys ; you have to feed them :gy:

to just give you an idea how it feels ; on wet surface : you'll have wheel spin up to third gear... and even on dry and hot road you'll still hear the front tires in first gear, the fun part : second and third gear at 2200 RPM ; lovely to drive and you really feel the extra 100 NM ...

if i were you ; i would just go for it ! :smileup:

·
Ex Avenger owner...
901 Posts
Dont bother with Startech , they are good but expensive . Just Google in Diesel Tuing Chips & you'll get a whole load of sites from the UK.

When I was going to chip my Diesel Patriot , the service manager pointed me in the direction of a local tuning company & told me not useing startech wouldnt affect my warranty.

Try Chip Express.com.....DTUK.....Superchips etc Most firms will fit & test ot sell you a DIY Plug & Play!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2.0 crd chipped

Hi, Dodge sell a chip but it's about £1000 fitted. Very expensive but does not affect warranty. Dealer said outperforms the 2.4 with it in. I am thinking about it - will let you know if I have it fitted.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I would never buy a plug and play chip. These doe not give any guarantee on increased power.

Any good VW/AUDI tuner can work with the Dodge as well.

·
Ex Avenger owner...
901 Posts
Dont bother with the dealer chip , its a Startech item & way to expensive . Check out any other reputable diesel tuning company & they will do you their own brand or about £350.If its professionally installed it wont invalidate warranty & still give 170 bhp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
According to one local tuning company they measured 0-60mph for CRD Caliber. It was 10.81 sec before and 8.75 sec after flashing to 170hp / 390 NM versus stock 140/310 figures. The car was 6 speed standard, I assume Avenger will act the same so now we have some idea what kind of change this chipping does for real life driveability. Pretty significant to be honest, it's not only the peak numbers but also the whole torque curve rises thus making the car faster on any rpm -> better driveability and smoother acceleration when passing etc. One doesn't need to be hammering it all the time full throttle.

This dyno chart from CTH shows it clearly, you get the most out of it where you usually need it, between 1500 - 4000 rpm

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Looks like a nice curve and no hick-ups, which should be avoided (and can easily if you do custom tuning)

·
Registered
28 Posts
According to one local tuning company they measured 0-60mph for CRD Caliber. It was 10.81 sec before and 8.75 sec after flashing to 170hp / 390 NM versus stock 140/310 figures. The car was 6 speed standard, I assume Avenger will act the same so now we have some idea what kind of change this chipping does for real life driveability. Pretty significant to be honest, it's not only the peak numbers but also the whole torque curve rises thus making the car faster on any rpm -> better driveability and smoother acceleration when passing etc. One doesn't need to be hammering it all the time full throttle.

This dyno chart from CTH shows it clearly, you get the most out of it where you usually need it, between 1500 - 4000 rpm

believe it or not, ask the guys at CTH ... that car on the brochure is mine :) it was the first one they've done and they did a great job... would do it again if my next car would be a diesel...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts