Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just contacted a company to see if they can build a turbo kit for a 2.4l engine. I will let you know what they say.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
would be nice

That would be awsome to have some real 2.4l power.
I will have to pass however. I asked the Dodge folks about what I could do and still retain my unlimited powertrain warranty, and a turbo is out of the question.
I am planning on keeping this car for several years, and voiding the warranty is not something I am willing to do.
If this is not a concern for you, go for it and enjoy.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have to pass however. I asked the Dodge folks about what I could do and still retain my unlimited powertrain warranty, and a turbo is out of the question.
I am planning on keeping this car for several years, and voiding the warranty is not something I am willing to do.
I bought it used, so my warranty is about to be up anyway.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I going to have the have performance shop rebuild he engine, and squeeze every bit of power they can.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Wow, this would be a very nice mod. I would love to have one but I would not want to void my warranty and it would probably be way more then what i would want to spend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I found a complete Caliber SRT-4 Engine and Tranny on Ebay a little while ago. I had the guy send me all the Part Numbers and they all match up. He wanted 3000.00 for it which isnt bad and it came with everything. There is more then just throwing a turbo on too. Would an E-management system be needed.? Whats the maximum hp and tq that the CVT can handle before it has issues.?

I did a big post on this and it going to a PITA no matter how you do it unless its a VERY low boost application. You can thought get all the parts thru the dealer to make the car a manual.

Has anyone looked into finding out if the Avenger is NGC? I know when i started to mod my Neon, i had issues. It felt like it was getting more power but in reality it wasnt allowing it.

Congrats if you can get it to work.

If you do to it, you will need a custom manifold. The SRT-4 has a Different head and bigger ports all the way around and i would swap to that head just to get the benefits.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I would e-mailed STS hopefully I will hear back fromm them soon. I am onboard......I nee More....LOL Rep commin Your way jager.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
have cash, will spend

I bought it used, so my warranty is about to be up anyway.
If I was where you were, and had the cash to spend, I would be all for it.
My nagging question is though, would it have been better to start with the 3.5l 6cly and go from there.

Reactions: Rubens

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Reliability of the 3.5 in earlier models haven't exactly won awards, remember the old Intrepids. Granted there is a Supercharger for the Charger with the 3.5, but why go that route when you can make the same amount of HP and more with a smaller engine. You start with less headaches and less parts to have to worry about failing. You have to realize to that the 3.5 is crammed into that bay where as the 2.4 has plenty of room and access all the way around.

Once someone figures everything out its going to be a rocket. There are just small issues to get around.

Darrell Cox has a twin turbo kit for the SRT-4 Neon which is very nice.

Figure this too... Stock turbo SRT-4 came with 215 then 230 now 285, thats plenty and there is tons of room for more.

·
Registered
920 Posts
What about fuel management so that your turbo doesn't lean the AFR out too much and melt pistons? How is the wastegate going to be controlled...using the Caliper PCM?

There is allot to a turbo system...good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The more people email them the better, they will see they can sell a lot of kits. Hopefully they want to make one for us.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts