Dodge Avenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
STS makes some incredible stuff, I doubt anyone would make a run of turbos just yet though (judging based on what happened to the potential exhaust group buy that just went down) - but a turbo kit and an exhaust are completely different animals I guess. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket fuel solutions for an engine like this? Standalone / piggyback or otherwise?

·
Registered
280 Posts
No one is making any chips for the 2.4Ltr... No one in Western Australia is able to tune the car besides the dealer who cannot mess around with the thing.

STS have an awsome remote turbo system that I am convinced would be great in the 2.4, but car I run 5psi on a turbo and with out re tuning?

·
Registered
280 Posts
The answer to my above post is...

NO

You need a fuel management system and something better the the 4speed box that we have. :smiledown:

In true Sinfeld soup nazi style...

No Turbo for you!

So i guess we have to figure out how much it will take to get new gear boxes and from where and then think about the Ignition/fuel system... all before the Turbo... may as well get a strengthened V6 twin turbo with 6speed box and slap it in because thats about the same cost.. Thanks Dodge! :shakehead:

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey there guys I just joined up to see if anyone was doing turbo's on these cars yet guess not lol. Anyway I am in the middle of a 08 Avenger turbo build for a friend. so far it is pretty damn quick! I used evo 8 injectors a walbro 255 fuel pump and a cartech begi 2025 for fuel managment went 2 steps colder on the plugs running 93 octane and right now we are using a .83 a/r hot and .50 a/r cold and it spools at about 2800 rpm the oil lines were a night mare but I just switched to all SS and its reliable now on 6 psi this thing is a beast! anyway I have a question if there is anyone here that can answer is there anyone that is tuning these ecu's I would like to have some one up the redline about another 200 rpm and make the shift points a little more sporty! anyone else turboing these hit me up we could swap info thanks!

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
hey there guys I just joined up to see if anyone was doing turbo's on these cars yet guess not lol. Anyway I am in the middle of a 08 Avenger turbo build for a friend. so far it is pretty damn quick! I used evo 8 injectors a walbro 255 fuel pump and a cartech begi 2025 for fuel managment went 2 steps colder on the plugs running 93 octane and right now we are using a .83 a/r hot and .50 a/r cold and it spools at about 2800 rpm the oil lines were a night mare but I just switched to all SS and its reliable now on 6 psi this thing is a beast! anyway I have a question if there is anyone here that can answer is there anyone that is tuning these ecu's I would like to have some one up the redline about another 200 rpm and make the shift points a little more sporty! anyone else turboing these hit me up we could swap info thanks!
See if this helps http://www.avengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=38819

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks! also anyone know what other cars I could use the injectors out of? I know evo works and there has to be something else?

also where is the oil sending unit at on the block? i'm gonna move oil feed there and return to the valve cover.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
The answer to my above post is...

NO

You need a fuel management system and something better the the 4speed box that we have. :smiledown:

In true Sinfeld soup nazi style...

No Turbo for you!

So i guess we have to figure out how much it will take to get new gear boxes and from where and then think about the Ignition/fuel system... all before the Turbo... may as well get a strengthened V6 twin turbo with 6speed box and slap it in because thats about the same cost.. Thanks Dodge! :shakehead:
Just seems easier to get an R/T and go from there. Unfortunatly the 2.4l is not going to be upgraded without considerable cost. It would have been nice if Dodge had considered possible upgrades for these cars, but no. This car was never intended to be overly sporty, or upgraded. I guess they planned that if you want to upgrade you would buy a Charger.

·
Registered
98 Posts
maybe the 2.4 L SRT-4 engine plugged into the Caliber is the same engine with a turbo.

So maybe you can only put the turbo components of the srt-4 on your Avenger and it will work!

If it's the same engine, the exhaust manifold has the same bolt pattern, the air intake is at the same place.

Maybe I'm all wrong

This way, you can put the PCM of a Caliber SRT-4 witch you car reprogram it slightly, so you wouldn't blow your transmission.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
maybe the 2.4 L SRT-4 engine plugged into the Caliber is the same engine with a turbo.

So maybe you can only put the turbo components of the srt-4 on your Avenger and it will work!

If it's the same engine, the exhaust manifold has the same bolt pattern, the air intake is at the same place.

Maybe I'm all wrong

This way, you can put the PCM of a Caliber SRT-4 witch you car reprogram it slightly, so you wouldn't blow your transmission.

So many have dreamed this very project. Unfortunately, there are too many internals which do not match up. Then there is that pesky four speed transmission.

If you were to attempt such a move, don't settle for a wimpy engine. Go all out and at least swap to the 3.5l. If it was mine to do, I would try and get the 4.0l like in the StarTek. At least I know it would fit.

I am still waiting for someone to have the courage and skill to put a HEMI in. What a sweet car that would be!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
879 Posts
to be honest with you if you are wanting to get a lot of boost of any FI then you should build your engine from the ground up, have it balanced, port, polished, cams, and a engine management system. that right there will cost you 10K then if you are going to add the cost of the turbo on top of that. You can build your own kit for about half the cost of the kits sold. With the STS remote turbo you almost negate the need for an inter cooler even though there is enough room in the bumper to place one.
personally if I was to go FI I would go with a super charger. then again there is nothing like a solid NA tune.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
yes

to be honest with you if you are wanting to get a lot of boost of any FI then you should build your engine from the ground up, have it balanced, port, polished, cams, and a engine management system. that right there will cost you 10K then if you are going to add the cost of the turbo on top of that. You can build your own kit for about half the cost of the kits sold. With the STS remote turbo you almost negate the need for an inter cooler even though there is enough room in the bumper to place one.
personally if I was to go FI I would go with a super charger. then again there is nothing like a solid NA tune.
Simply adding a turbo can create all kinds of problems. You need to see this a part of a system.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I come bearing gifts of knowledge and hopefully you can take it for what it worth

I have contacted split second and they do make a piggy back system for the avenger. The piggy back that you want may vary based on what you are wanting to control. such as air/fuel only or timing or red line or shift points. I would recommend calling them to discuss what your needs are and they will recommend a model for you. I have also contacted a place that sells them and they said they are using the diablo tuner to tune dodge trucks so a piggy back system is no longer required. He is currently checking with his tuning guys to see what they can do for tuning the avenger. He did mention that the tuner had neon and pt cruiser tunes from the past.

And on another note the shop I called is debating about porting the throttle body for dodge vehicles....

41 - 60 of 81 Posts