Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Here is a great manual for your Avengers that will help you troubleshoot any issues you have. It includes all kinds of information. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Instructions:

You must use IE from what I have experienced so far. You will need to enable whatever the Active X controllers. You will need to install the SVG View software to see all the diagrams. It is located in the following location: 2008 AVESEB/

The file you need to run for the software to work is located in the following directory: 2008 AVESEB/en_US/ and is the default.htm file. Just right click it and select "Open with" and select IE. Our car is listed as JS - Sebring/Avenger when you get it open in IE.

You can download the file - HERE

Hopefully you can get some use out of this file! Your welcome!!

:smileup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
However, seems this is just the owners manual... I am looking for the repair manual the dealers get..... so I can replace it myself andsave the $375 the dealer wants to charge me...JERKS! But thank you anyway!

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is way more than the owner's manual. Look again at the subfolders and launch 2008AVESEB/en_US/default.htm

You get full howto details for all trains.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate when people don't update problems. But I got it to work if you use IE8 try running in compatibility mode. It worked for me! Thanks a million for this now im not afraid to pull my heater box out to fix the blend door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
damn, tried this in compatibility mode and still doesn't work. I can select 2008 - avenger/sebring and all the options show up but nothing when I click on the options

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a old post, but here is how you get the document working in windows 10.. thanks for the document.
extract "2008_AVESEB" to My documents
open C:\Users\****\Documents\2008_AVESEB\2008 AVESEB\en_US\Default.htm
With Internet Explorer NOT EDGE
tap "F12"
Click on "Emulation" Tab
Change Document Mode to "8"
Change User Agent String to "Internet Explorer 8"
enjoy...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I know this is a old post, but here is how you get the document working in windows 10.. thanks for the document.
extract "2008_AVESEB" to My documents
open C:\Users\****\Documents\2008_AVESEB\2008 AVESEB\en_US\Default.htm
With Internet Explorer NOT EDGE
tap "F12"
Click on "Emulation" Tab
Change Document Mode to "8"
Change User Agent String to "Internet Explorer 8"
enjoy...
Haven't tried it but thanks for sharing. I'm sure many members will appreciate it:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts