Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi had A/C compressor replaced about 2 wks ago. Yesterday all was fine come back get a weird whiff of serpentine belt or oiling smell goes away and continue to go pick up my wife. Air is still cold until she sits behind the wheel battery light comes on A/C blows hot air in impulses high /low. Try to turn off the circulation say or AC an power to the clock shuts off then more dummy lights appear. I'm thankful to have a brother who owns a tow service an full service registered mechanic who replaced the AC Compressor. He said that it sounded like the alternator but same smell was apparent when the serpentine belt melted before. Smell dissipated an just figured chainsaw had leaked or something. We make it out I'm telling my brother happy birthday and then get to my mom's and all dash lights are on and familiar tic tic tic sound happens neighbor is saying that it's the alternator but can see a groove worn in the belts outside edge an what seems to be something sprayed oil or melted belt hard to say. It's a 2008 with 346000 miles on it. Had a bumper to bumper warranty so lady had it well rebuilt from underneath up tranny drive shaft all electrics very well kept still stickers on new parts. Super nice couple well back to the suggested problems. Tension belt AC Compressor or alternator ? Have alternators to spare the compressor is still warrantied just a lot of work. I'm just trying to get a idea my wife's family all mopar or no car. I'd rather fly but they are drag racers they sling wrenches I jump out of planes so I'm not going to say I'm a professional tool-man any help is appreciated so am I preparing for a battle or squirmish. "If you want peace prepare for war" thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Have you read any of the check engine codes? If it was the alternator the battery light should come on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir we just left it at my mom's and I had a mechanic on the phone an a backyard mechanic diagnosed it to his ability. My brother will likely hook it up and let me know. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts