Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have 2008 Avenger with a cruise control that doesn´t engage. The "Cruise" dont lit. Any suggestions?
Regards from Sweden
Petter

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As to your cruise control, need more information about when and what you are doing to engage it. They have a minimum speed that it will engage, pretty sure 30MPH is the figure. Also there could be a bad switch or wheel speed sensor that is malfunctioning. Drop by the NEWBIE CHECK IN PAGE and introduce yourself and Avenger to the whole Forumz Family!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thanks for reply! It never engages at any speed. I have also checked för DTC. I have ordered a new cruise switch, hopes it solves the problem.
About newbie checkin, I did it 5 april 2009 :) I still own the Avenger diesel I wrote about then, my new Avenger have a 2.0 liter gasoline engine!

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Well, welcome back and congratulations on the new to you Avenger! Did not recognize the "user name"! Glad to have another Long time member posting in again! Both rides have NON USA motors for the models here. I also have a Neon with SOHC 2.0 L motor...Nice motor!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
When my cruise control stopped working it was down to a faulty wheel speed sensor, you might want to get yours checked... :)

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
500 Posts
Usually a speed sensor will not throw a CEL but the ABS/BAS and a couple of others may illuminate. You could still have some advanced codes stored that will required using a scanner that can read them, not a regular one that only reads the ones that turn on the CEL.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Glad to get the update, and the "fix" time was so easy and quick to do! Now go "cruise" in comfort!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone! So car is currently
At the Dodge dealership (multiple issues) haha but the one I'm not understanding is the cruise control & the techs can't figure it out either. I've tried using it over 30mph nothing, over 50 nothing basically any speed the cruise would never engage. The tech said he took it for a drive and it worked fine, I know my car and thats not the case. I asked them to please take the car out above 50 because ill only use it for highway. So he did and it shuts off right at 50mph. They ran the test and said no codes come back. Any suggestions especially since they are hellbent on there not being an issue since no codes are being reported?

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Unfortunately that's a tough one, especially since the techs can't figure it out:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
A member posted of a similar situation and found that 1 wheel speed sensor was sending a signal slightly different from the others(4 total). Not bad enough to turn on the ABS or CEL, but enough to mess with the cruise control. I think the members user name was Anthony boyd.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts