Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 6 speed automatic jumps and jerks in automatic mode or auto-stick only in gears 4, 5 and 6, all at 1500 rpm. It appears to be the motor is getting the wrong signals and it is the motor not the tranny. What a pain in the .... Does anyone know how to fix this as these rpms in these gears are the normal speed limits in this fine city of 30kms/hr (20 mph) or 50 kms/hr (30mph) or 80 kms/hr (50 mph)? Is it programming from Dodge that sucks or is a warranty defect? Call me "Desperate in Canada". Otherwise a fine ride!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can you describe this jumping and jerking? I hadn't noticed it in mine, but I get the feeling I might have a date with the freeway here to have a listen....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The jumping and jerking is done by the motor, when I have it in manual shift in any of 4th or 5th or 6th gear at 1500 rpm, it acts like the transmission is shifting, when of course, it is not. The motor revs rise and fall, still a perfect pain in the ... I have not taken it to a Dodge dealer yet. I am waiting for someone in the Dodge Forum to alert me on where I can find the controller software upgrade. I suspect the dealer I bought this from, although big in Calgary, Canada, will just brush me off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts