Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to either identify the connector to the part pictured or at least find the entire line. If I am not mistaken this line is going to the fuel rail in front of the intake manifold and I was able to remove it so I could probably just replace the whole thing. Not really sure how to identify it though so I can call around and find it. Just looking to see if anyone knows what this hose is called or the best way to apply a new connector to the existing line.

TL;DR: Would preferably want to know the part number of this hose with the connectors already in it for the picture or the part number and/or size of the connector that's attached to it. Got the picture from here. So I know it's exactly the one I need.

Joint Sleeve Gesture Auto part Art

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
It's the fuel rail quick connect fuel line.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I think this is what you are looking for:

Shows it's discontinued but you might be able to find it if you search the web maybe Ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Summit seems to have it for $16 Plus shipping. No image was posted tho

So that website was saying that part wouldn't be delivered until the 22nd and I needed the line sooner than that so I hit up a junkyard that wouldn't tell me the size engine of the Avengers that they had so I pulled one that I thought looked similar from a 2.4/2.7L engine. The line says "Lo-Beam 2550" like the one I pulled off my car and it seems to be about the same length the only difference is the bends are different. Are the bends meant to keep the line from touching hot parts of the engine or is it a matter of pressure? If the heat matters, can I just put some sort heat shroud or cover over the parts that are touching other metals in the engine bay? Trying to decide if I should just order this line anyways although the one in the picture seems to fit the bends of the 2.4/2.7 I pulled instead of the one that came from my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts