Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2008 Dodge Avenger 3.5L R/T HushPower Exhaust

A video of my 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T with the custom HushPower exhaust - i.e "AFTER"

As soon as it finishes uploading to YouTube Ill edit and add URL.

3.5L HushPower Exhaust - Exterior:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7M4fvB2vYA

3.5L HushPower Exhaust - Interior:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-MDOIpCGQo

3.5L HushPower Exhaust - 0-45mph:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bssoPCNU3X0

3.5L HushPower Exhaust - 50-75mph:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV9DiH0UBlM

3.5L HushPower Exhaust - 75mph cruise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnfamFtGDXM

Pros:
1) More responsive throttle response off the line. Not a ton but it was noticeable.

2) Lower RPM to maintain higher highway speeds. Again, not a MAJOR difference but I purr at 80mph and just under 2K rpm. It was just over 2K before the exhaust.

3) I have an "interesting" powerband gap at about 3000-3200 rpm. Not really a hesitation, per say but Im thinking the better exhaust flow has be oxygen starved at this RPM. Ill know more once I get the ProZen CAI installed. The pipe arrived last night. Just waiting on the K&N filter. Im also working on "an angle".

4) Improved gas mileage - again, nothing MAJOR. I was averaging 22.5-22.6mpg. Now Im averaging just over 23 (303.5 / 13.07 gal == 23.225mpg last week - slightly lower than last weeks 23.56) You have to take this with a grain of salt. We had cold temps and a ton of rain last week and I was REALLY enjoying the power. On ramps are a BLAST!

5) I actually find myself driving more tame now. It makes it that much more impressive when the growl comes out. I sat at a light next to a Lexus on the way home tonight that coasted up behind me on the offramp and pulled into the lane next to me at the first light. It felt good to romp on it a bit and leave him in the dust when the light changed. See #4 above. I like to see how low I can keep the rpms now.

Cons:

1) Much more noise in the cabin. Both good and bad. See #3 above. In that power band the exhaust is LOUD in the cabin.

2) Im finding new rattles. For example, the plastic chrome trim ring around the shift lever loudly vibrates at about 2900-3000 rpm (again see #3 above). I touch it the vibration stops. I currently have a small piece of napkin tucked under the front edge. I think Im going to put some foam tape or something under it to snug it up a bit.

3) I ran a tank of 93 octane through my Avenger with the stock exhaust. When I pulled into my usual station this morning they didnt have any 89. It was either 87 or 93. I figured Id do a tank at 93 with the new exhaust just for a comparison. In the 2 months Ive owned the car, I have NEVER experienced the surging acceleration issues reported by others. I experienced it 4-5 times today cruising in the 35-45mph range. I would be either smoothly accelerating or just cruising at a stable speed and it would suddenly surge 2-300rpm. Very weird. Never did it at idle. Something Im going to report in the "surging acceleration" thread after Im done here.

Thats it for now.

E

·
Registered
647 Posts
Glad you like it! Watch out for that guy in the white Ranger following you, saw him taking pictures of your car... yah never know. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great set of videos Eak! glad you like the new exhaust!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New Exhaust

Before and after videos, great effort there eak, and new exhaust sounds great too.
I agree. Im going to drive it for 2 weeks with just the exhaust and report any change in gas mileage.

Ill be installeing a ProZen CAI in 2 weeks and will then report on its performance changes as well.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hushpower Exhaust

That system sounds very nice!! is that the one from whitewolf, or did you just buy the same thing?
It is whitewolfs exhaust but he had it on a 2.4L 4cyl. Sounds a bit beefier on the 3.5L.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Excellent this is what we need more of when peeps do mods. Before and afters. Now people will know exactly what to expect from a hushpower exhaust on a 3.5 if that is something they were shopping for...
Thaks, eak, I can't give you any rep right yet, but I gave you a 5 star rating on the thread vote!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5 star rating!

Excellent this is what we need more of when peeps do mods. Before and afters. Now people will know exactly what to expect from a hushpower exhaust on a 3.5 if that is something they were shopping for...
Thaks, eak, I can't give you any rep right yet, but I gave you a 5 star rating on the thread vote!!

Thanks Outlaw!

I intend to do the same for any mods I do. Im looking forward to my before and after CAI videos. Ive yet to see anyone post before and after audio.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks Outlaw!

I intend to do the same for any mods I do. Im looking forward to my before and after CAI videos. Ive yet to see anyone post before and after audio.
I had it when I did mine last year but never got to posting it.

Itching to do an exhaust on the. CHallenger now....

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hushpower for 2.7L

hey do they have a hushpower exhaust for the 2.7`s?
It is the same exhaust, but it probably won't sound the same. Probably close, but not the same as the 3.5L.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for this eak... i've talked to u a little bit before but the before and after helped me out a lot... i like the sound

now all i need is to find a hushpower and an exhaust shop to put it on for me...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts