Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 dodge wont start just one click

Hey, I have 2008 dodge avenger with 67k miles and the car will not start. When I crank to start the car I only get a really strong "ONE CLICK" I have replace with a new car battery, new starter, and now a new electronic throttle control still only gets one click.

I am at my wits end, and not sure what the problem is? Can someone help me, Thanks!

I made a youtube video explaining as well. Please help thanks

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Do you have a second key fob to try. Just wondering if it's a security issue?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Time to go back to the battery and clean all connections from the battery to the jumping posts as well as all connectors on the jump posts. Why Dodge made multiple connections of the battery cables instead of a one piece is beyond me. Clean to bare metal and coat with dielectric grease before reassembly.

One thing to try to isolate is to use the jumping posts and boost the vehicle with another vehicle. See if that eliminates the one-click.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a second key fob to try. Just wondering if it's a security issue?
No, I only have one key fob. When I crank the vehicle the security light goes off. I don’t think it’s anti-theft. Would my key fob be an issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time to go back to the battery and clean all connections from the battery to the jumping posts as well as all connectors on the jump posts. Why Dodge made multiple connections of the battery cables instead of a one piece is beyond me. Clean to bare metal and coat with dielectric grease before reassembly.

One thing to try to isolate is to use the jumping posts and boost the vehicle with another vehicle. See if that eliminates the one-click.
Thanks for your feedback.
I tried to jump the vehicle with jumpers but still no luck. I cleaned the battery connector from both post, however, the connectors didn’t really have any corrosion On them. Ima apply dielectric tomorrow. But still no luck and still getting one click.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
By Using another vehicle to try to start and same symptoms seems to eliminate the battery and connections. I would start to look closely at the ignition switch forward. Seems you might be losing something in that circuit.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
No, I only have one key fob. When I crank the vehicle the security light goes off. I don’t think it’s anti-theft. Would my key fob be an issue?
Yes, it's possible.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You should always have a spare fob and key just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts