Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any post 08ers turned 200k miles yet? If so or if your close, tell me what you have had to replace or any major out of the ordinary work that needed to be done.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Reactions: 5rebel9

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys a little off topic, but aren't the computers in our cars plug and play? I'm just wondering because the used car dealer I got my veng from has it right now because of an ac issue that he gave me a warranty on. So I shoot him a txt asking when I can expect my car back, and he said they had to replace the computer and it's at Dodge getting programmed. I was pretty sure we had a plug and play, no program required. Mines an '08 2.7 btw

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
I have said many times it had to go into "hibernation" and now reaching the 1 year mark of such state. She still gets started and controls worked to keep fit! It was originally to be daughters first car, but she didn't like it! Became Wifes ride and son did practice permit driving with it. I would drive it occasionally when we would go out as a family(only seat I could be comfortable in). Or test drive for other drivers gripe reports to get fixed. Wife always wanted a 4 door and son wanted a Red car! Getting Close to "antique" status now and I want to keep it as it is mostly original!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 08 with 179k and it’s been the most trouble free car I’ve ever owned. It was my wife’s daily driver (long commute) and we got her a Durango this summer. It’s been sitting for a couple months and I’m going to park my charger soon and use the avenger as my winter daily driver. I hope to break 200k by spring/summer. Other than maintenance items (tires, brakes, oil changes) the biggest repair was an alternator. We did tie rod ends, shocks and struts, and a tune up at 128k. It has never left us stranded and still has the ORIGINAL battery.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
I have an 08 with 179k and it’s been the most trouble free car I’ve ever owned. It was my wife’s daily driver (long commute) and we got her a Durango this summer. It’s been sitting for a couple months and I’m going to park my charger soon and use the avenger as my winter daily driver. I hope to break 200k by spring/summer. Other than maintenance items (tires, brakes, oil changes) the biggest repair was an alternator. We did tie rod ends, shocks and struts, and a tune up at 128k. It has never left us stranded and still has the ORIGINAL battery.
That is good to hear! There are many that have had the same experience as you have had, they just don't post up often to say so! And many more that are not members here, BUT i think you "jinxed" yourself about the BATTERY...Better go "knock on some WOOD! My 20 yr. old coupe is still going strong with similar maint. being done, but it only has 106 thou. miles on it! And YES it has been back on the road since the beginning of summer!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Crazy to think that people can drive these with that many miles. Im at 31k on mine and drive it like an old man and im praying my tranny makes it to 100k...lol

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
HaHa...Yours will meet it's demise from being polished to nothing, all the paint and metal will be in your cleaning rags/towels! :D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
HaHa...Yours will meet it's demise from being polished to nothing, all the paint and metal will be in your cleaning rags/towels! :D:rolleyes:
That doesn't fix that clunky tranny....lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
2008 with 161k miles.
- My brake calipers locked 3 times, twice I had to pay, once it was the same caliper with a warranty
- My passenger side heat does not work, but that's a very well known issue (new heater core needed afaik?)
- Catalytic converter useless at 120k miles
Regardless, it's been awesome for my wife and I

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts