Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
200k miles ??? I got rid of my POS 2012 Avenger with 90k miles. Had a boat load of problems. I'm shocked any of these are still on the road with 200k miles unless numerous repairs were done.

Great car to drive, not so great to own

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
200k miles ??? I got rid of my POS 2012 Avenger with 90k miles. Had a boat load of problems. I'm shocked any of these are still on the road with 200k miles unless numerous repairs were done.

Great car to drive, not so great to own
If you "own" strictly as a commodity item, then I might agree with your last statement. But VERY HAPPY with my 20 year old DAILY DRIVER coupe, it has some paint condition problems and a little rust.But still going STRONG!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 156,000. 2010 3.5L. Did timing belt ,transmission service, coolant flush, thermostat at 100,000 miles. And one set of front brake pads and rotors since it shook when braking . Otherwise oil and air filter changes. Been a great car!

·
Registered
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2013 RT with 260k miles. Got the Lifetime Max care.

Engine had molding sand in it, dealer replaced engine at 170k.

Heater core gelling and clogging again and again, causing no heat on passenger side. Replaced heater core at least 8 - 10 times. Radiator has also been clogged and replaced, twice.

Heat stops working every 6 months.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
I have a 2013 RT with 260k miles. Got the Lifetime Max care.

Engine had molding sand in it, dealer replaced engine at 170k.

Heater core gelling and clogging again and again, causing no heat on passenger side. Replaced heater core at least 8 - 10 times. Radiator has also been clogged and replaced, twice.

Heat stops working every 6 months.
Good to hear of the body/chassis holding up for so many miles,SORRY to hear of the motor/coolant system troubles you have encountered! That dash must be held together with a ZIPPER by now!;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmmm.... I have an '08 R/T AWD, with 170K miles. I bought it new in '08. We replaced the alternator at about 150K (the diode bridge shorted); we had to have the O-rings behind the water pump replaced at about 160K (did a timing belt change at the same time); we had to replace the center rear driveshaft hanger bearing a couple of years ago, it was handled under the lifetime warranty. We had to replace the driver side window lift (not the motor - the lift mechanism stripped a gear). I did this myself very inexpensively. I am on the third driver side washer nozzle. They just break off for not apparent reason. Finally, we had that little shifter lockout tab break, and I fixed that myself.
Annoying but not bad enough to spend a bunch of money to fix: Burns a quart of oil every 1K miles, doesn't matter if we are going fast or slow. Tried multiple applications of Seafoam to try and unstick the rings, no luck. Dodge will not acknowledge that this is an endemic issue. Second, we get no hot air from the passenger side floor vents and window side dash vent. Dodge dealer says they want to charge a couple of hours to figure out the problem, several have said that it is a partially clogged heater core. I might try flushing the core later this year.
Generally, the car is fun to drive, goes fast, we get 38-30 mpg on long trips at 70+ mph, the seats are comfy, Boston sound system sounds great, grandkids love the DVD player, and frankly, for a 10-year old car, it still looks good - not totally dated. I'd love to be able to afford to add more power, but finances are not allowing that right now.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Hey there, From experience on a few oil consumers I have had. Try a bottle of Lucas brand Engine oil stop leak with your next oil change. IT does work using it in 3 different engined cars now, most significant change came in daughters 09 Spectra that was consuming a quart every 1200 miles, now has gone 2500 with loss of 6 ounces of oil! Running it in our Neon as well and T&C, both are over 150K ! None of which are oil leakers to make a mess to show a reason for oil loss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any post 08ers turned 200k miles yet? If so or if your close, tell me what you have had to replace or any major out of the ordinary work that needed to be done.
I have a 2010. I’m at 290,000 miles. I only had to replace my Crankshaft Position Sensor & the transmission

21 - 33 of 33 Posts