Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently Chrysler had put out a recall a few months ago for ALL 2010-2014 Dodge Avenger models (SE, RT, SXT, etc.), in regards to the 'safety restraint system'. This affects some Jeeps, Chrysler 200/300, and various other models. While they (Chrysler) hasn't released any parts yet for the replacement in the avengers, I'd suggest calling your local dealer and getting on a call list. It may not be much, but I wouldn't wanna have to use it and it fail on me, when I could have it fixed and never need to use it.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Yes, I got the recall letter. It stated that I will be getting another notice when the parts are actually available.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received the letter and the dealership I went to said they replaced the part, but the next day my airbag light came on and I have a clicking noise under my dash (driver's side) & my car sounds awful when running & worse when I drive. Any advise?

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Best to have the dealer check the airbag situation. The clicking under the dash is probably a bad blend door actuator for the climate control system(not hard to replace). Not sure about the awful noise you're asking about, could be many things.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I am thinking that the dealer may have disturbed something that is now causing your current issues. Don't let them soak you for the follow-up that they might have caused.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts