2010 Avenger RT 2.4L | Dodge Avenger Forum

2010 Avenger RT 2.4L

Discussion in 'Detailing and General Maintenance Forum' started by CTAvenger, Mar 20, 2017.

1. CTAvenger

CTAvenger New Member

I have searched extensively on Google for information on replacing the third brake light. It seems the 2010 is not as common as other years in that the third brake light is in the trunk lid and seems to only be accessible by removing the fabric like liner.
    I get that it's held in with plastic clips, and removing it probably is not a real issue but I'm guessing I will need to replace the clips. Does anyone know specifically which clip or pin or whatever it would use?
    I've looked online for clips but I can't identify which one it is because I have not taken any out yet because I won't want it hanging there until who knows when I can find the right clips.

Thanks for any help

2. brannigan03

brannigan03 Member

Media:
    I don't know specifically what size they are but I do know that they sell them at advance and autozone. My suggestion would be to take 1 out and match it up. The 3 brake light on my '11 is in the trunk lid and covered by a carpeted panel. I thought all avengers were made this way. You shouldn't need to replace them though.

3. CTAvenger

CTAvenger New Member

Just as a follow-up I finally ordered a trim tool kit to remove the plastic fasteners that hold the carpet like stuff to the trunk lid. I then was able to detatch the third brake light and found that the bulb is not what the owners manual says and not what auto stores knew it to be. It ended up being a Sylvania 906 bulb.
    Walmart didn't even carry them so I ordered from Amazon.
    I also was able to get 100 plastic fasteners for $11. From Amazon as well. So finally I was able to put some back where they had been forcibly removed in the past.