Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I need HELP! This is my buddy’s car that is in my name and use while he’s deployed.
I have replaced the starter, spark plugs, battery and coil packs. When i get back to the house im going to try starter fluid. It still wont turn over! Its trying but won’t fully kick over and I have no clue what else it could be. Please help!

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Had the Check Engine Light been on BEFORE the car ended up refusing to run? I take it you mean the starter spins the engine, but won't "fire up" and run?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the Check Engine Light been on BEFORE the car ended up refusing to run? I take it you mean the starter spins the engine, but won't "fire up" and run?
Yes, and its not throwing any codes at all anymore which is because I replaced the spark plugs which is what it was throwing. It was reading a first cylinder misfire.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
So now it won't fire off and run? Did you reconnect the coils connectors? Problems with engine running beside the misfire, like long crank time? We need a bit more background info from you to be able to offer meaningful advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So now it won't fire off and run? Did you reconnect the coils connectors? Problems with engine running beside the misfire, like long crank time? We need a bit more background info from you to be able to offer meaningful advice.
Correct. Everything has been correctly reconnected. Its not misfiring its just not getting a full turn over, it sounds and seems like its losing spark somewhere because its getting fuel and everything else checks out with no codes so I really dont know. My dad may be able to explain it better seeing as i was a lube tech not a full mechanic.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
The Crankshaft Position Sensor on the 2.4 motor is known to cause stalling and sometimes no engine run at start up. They are also known to NOT throw a code for it when they do go bad. IF you decide to try replacing it, stay with OE or NTK brand(they actually make the OE part). Best I can offer you at this point, GOOD LUCK and let us know if we can help further or what gets found out.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Do NOT use starting fluid on a gas engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts