Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2011 avenger 3.6ltr automatic with 166,000 miles on it. It did not start when I bought it, I figured it would be an easy fix, apparently not. I have power to the radio, dash, windows, moon roof, blinkers, hazards, and the seats. The power mirrors are the only thing not working other than the car will not crank. Once I turn the key to the ON position nothing happens. The immobilizer light is flashing, cel is on, and the TPS (Lighting Bolt) is on. I replaced the battery yesterday and cleared the codes. Now I am getting U110A lost comm w/steering column CAN C and U0121 lost comm w/anti brake module. Does anyone have any suggestions? I do not want to spend $400 on a SCCM and find out that is not it. Thank you for your time and assistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have the location of sccm? All I can find on the web is the 300c's. Which is behind the steering wheel. All I found was the clock spring.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Hope this helps:

DESCRIPTION 2011 Dodge Avenger

This vehicle is equipped with a Steering Control Module (SCM) that is internal to the left multifunction switch housing (2). The left (lighting) multifunction switch is located on the left side of the steering column, just below the steering wheel. This switch is the primary control for the interior and exterior lighting systems. The only visible components of the switch are the control stalk (1), control knob and control sleeve that extend through the steering column shrouds on the left side of the column. The remainder of the switch including its mounting provisions and electrical connections are concealed beneath the shrouds.

The switch housing and controls are constructed of molded black plastic. A single screw (7) through a mounting tab integral to the back of the switch housing, and a slide tab integral to the bottom of the switch housing secure the switch to the mounting bracket integral to the clockspring (3). A connector receptacle containing seven terminal pins is integral to the inboard end of the switch housing and connects the SCM through a jumper wire harness (5) directly to the right (wiper) multifunction switch (6). A second connector receptacle containing four terminal pins is integral to the back of the switch housing and connects the SCM to the vehicle electrical system through a dedicated takeout and connector of the instrument panel wire harness.

The SCM cannot be adjusted or repaired. If ineffective or damaged the entire left multifunction switch must be replaced. The clockspring (with the multifunction switch mounting bracket), the left multifunction switch (with the SCM), the right multifunction switch and the jumper wire harness are each available for separate service replacement.

Reactions: Brickdog2000

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope this helps:

DESCRIPTION 2011 Dodge Avenger

This vehicle is equipped with a Steering Control Module (SCM) that is internal to the left multifunction switch housing (2). The left (lighting) multifunction switch is located on the left side of the steering column, just below the steering wheel. This switch is the primary control for the interior and exterior lighting systems. The only visible components of the switch are the control stalk (1), control knob and control sleeve that extend through the steering column shrouds on the left side of the column. The remainder of the switch including its mounting provisions and electrical connections are concealed beneath the shrouds.

The switch housing and controls are constructed of molded black plastic. A single screw (7) through a mounting tab integral to the back of the switch housing, and a slide tab integral to the bottom of the switch housing secure the switch to the mounting bracket integral to the clockspring (3). A connector receptacle containing seven terminal pins is integral to the inboard end of the switch housing and connects the SCM through a jumper wire harness (5) directly to the right (wiper) multifunction switch (6). A second connector receptacle containing four terminal pins is integral to the back of the switch housing and connects the SCM to the vehicle electrical system through a dedicated takeout and connector of the instrument panel wire harness.

The SCM cannot be adjusted or repaired. If ineffective or damaged the entire left multifunction switch must be replaced. The clockspring (with the multifunction switch mounting bracket), the left multifunction switch (with the SCM), the right multifunction switch and the jumper wire harness are each available for separate service replacement.
Thank you good sir. Now I don't feel all that bad for tearing out the clockspring and the turn signal switches. I may try and replace this if it is not to expensive. Don't need the wife complaining lol.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I hear you, good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts