Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I just got a Dodge Avenger and I wanted to start of with some cosmetic modifications to make the car “mine.” I’ve noticed there isn’t much for body kits for the 2011+ models, if someone could give me some advice on kits to look for even if I could use the 2000s viper style kit for mine I’d greatly appreciate. Also any general tips that could be given for car improvement I’d greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Great to have you with us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good luck and Welcome as others have stated. I will say mine has been good for the 3 1/2 years I've owned it. But definitely have a battery test done as I experienced an issue that I believe carried forward electrical issues throughout my ownership. As if your battery that's hidden in the fender well gets low of acid/fluid it will cause your alternator to cook your battery welding the battery plates together while destroying your alternator and possibly toasting your TIPM... ( Totally Integrated Power Module ) . I bought mine through a dealer I personally knew for years and his service department allegedly checked all systems before selling me the car. Yet they did not. Come to find out the battery was the factory unit and had been in the car 6 years unknown to me. No warning until the car shut down while driving... 33 days after purchase.
Also keep a check on engine mounts especially if you have the 3.6.( it's a torque monster) the back mount as well as the trans mount driver's side get alot of pull from the engine.
Good luck and hope this helps someone including you...

·
Registered
2012 Avenger SXT Plus
2 Posts
Hello all I just got a Dodge Avenger and I wanted to start of with some cosmetic modifications to make the car “mine.” I’ve noticed there isn’t much for body kits for the 2011+ models, if someone could give me some advice on kits to look for even if I could use the 2000s viper style kit for mine I’d greatly appreciate. Also any general tips that could be given for car improvement I’d greatly appreciate it!
Hey man welcome to the Avenger life! I have a 2012 SXT Plus and I've done a few cosmetic mods, I've done a couple of suttle ones like a DODGE Banner you can get at Autozone, I use universal front lip and side skirts and just custom-fit them (you will have to do some cutting and measuring). The viper kit you're talking about doesn't work for any 2nd gen avengers, only the first gen although it it is a very nice kit. 2nd gen would start from '08 to '14. In my honest opinion I would say first off the best thing you would want to do is lower it and put some nice new wheels. If you choose to do black then you could still lower it but in my opinion black wheels look best with the stock height. Also a spoiler is great for these, I think without a spoiler they look a bit weird. There are factory ones for the 2nd gen avengers. It's all personal preference and make sure to have a plan! The main websites I use for my aftermarket parts are Car ID and Ebay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man welcome to the Avenger life! I have a 2012 SXT Plus and I've done a few cosmetic mods, I've done a couple of suttle ones like a DODGE Banner you can get at Autozone, I use universal front lip and side skirts and just custom-fit them (you will have to do some cutting and measuring). The viper kit you're talking about doesn't work for any 2nd gen avengers, only the first gen although it it is a very nice kit. 2nd gen would start from '08 to '14. In my honest opinion I would say first off the best thing you would want to do is lower it and put some nice new wheels. If you choose to do black then you could still lower it but in my opinion black wheels look best with the stock height. Also a spoiler is great for these, I think without a spoiler they look a bit weird. There are factory ones for the 2nd gen avengers. It's all personal preference and make sure to have a plan! The main websites I use for my aftermarket parts are Car ID and Ebay.
Thanks for the advice, I’m definitely going to lower it a bit (still trying to figure out how much though)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts