Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to install an aftermarket radio in my 2012 Dodge Avenger. I am having trouble figuring out the wiring. Is anyone able to help with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Best to get in touch with Crutchfield.com. They are very helpful.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
They have been known to in the past.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
That's too bad. It's difficult to help with aftermarket products. Which unit did you get exactly and what is the problem? Maybe someone on the forum can help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's too bad. It's difficult to help with aftermarket products. Which unit did you get exactly and what is the problem? Maybe someone on the forum can help.
Yeah. I have a Pioneer DEH X600BS, and I am having trouble finding which wires from the car go to the wires on the harness I bought. The harness has the wiring codes listed, so I really just need to figure out what the wires from the car are

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah. I have a Pioneer DEH X600BS, and I am having trouble finding which wires from the car go to the wires on the harness I bought. The harness has the wiring codes listed, so I really just need to figure out what the wires from the car are
Sounds like you may want to return that harness, maybe get another one that's has the corrected colors?? Typically the only wire you interface with ar from the harness to the radio, which is usually universal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like you may want to return that harness, maybe get another one that's has the corrected colors?? Typically the only wire you interface with ar from the harness to the radio, which is usually universal.
Yes, so apparently Dodge Avengers require a special harness due to the way data is transmitted. I bought the correct harness and am having it installed. Just putting this here for anyone else who may come across this issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, so apparently Dodge Avengers require a special harness due to the way data is transmitted. I bought the correct harness and am having it installed. Just putting this here for anyone else who may come across this issue.
newer cars are even more complex, hope you get everything working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts