Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no rear tail lights or license plate light but all other lights work including the front marker lights need help asap have done some research and found out that possibly could be the tipm module that could be the issue voltage test at the socket for the lights reveal 10 volts constant on one wire goes to 12 when brake lights are applied otherwise have no effect pumping a friend to fix this vehicle have a lot of electronic backgrounds in cars I'd like to know if a hard reset on the tipm would reset the problem or if there's a problem that I can't fix

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Sounds like it could definitely be a TIPM issue. I would disconnect the battery and remove the TIPM to check all of the connections at the bottom of the unit for any connection or corrosion issues.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
This might be the solution to your problem:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read that before I did any diagnostics with it I found it that plug is not the same in this particular car so I'm pretty sure that is not the issue I'm leaning towards the tipm module is defective

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Well, sounds like you've done a lot of research on the subject. The members post sounded like the solution to your problem but if you've done all of the diagnostics, then you have a better handle on the situation. We had the same problem with a Pacifica a few years ago and it was the connector under the driver's seat that had corroded. Best of luck in finding the right solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts