Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for adding power to my car? I just got it last week. It's fun to drive, great handling, good power in first gear, but when it switches gear it just feels like all the power of the vehicle left the building and I'm just cruising. I've heard about CAI, cat-back exhaust, and bigger throttle bodies, but will this make a big improvement?

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
It will not turn it into a street killer but you should see some gain. More power equates to 3 things for ANY vehicle,
(1) How much do you want to spend (BIG MONEY)
(2) How long do you want it to be down until mods. are done
(3) How reliable without constant "tweaking" and longevity will you accept

Welcome to the forumz, settle in and read posts in custom engine mods. 2.4 motor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome!

As for what you listed,
1) Not willing to spend anything that costs as much as a supercharger
2) It can be down for a week or 2
3) I want it to remain as reliable as it is right now. I don't want to have to buy a new car in a year.

I'll look for some custom engine mod posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
those all should improve but you gotta make you chip it or something to add on the computer even flashing it will help cause it wont run right after all those add on's the computer is gonna go crazy cause your adding more power then what it is use to

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
The mods listed will not necessarily need a chip or tuner for the computer! Anything more ,I would agree that a tuner for the computer would be a BIG benefit to enhance work done . But there again the cost of a tuner seems to hold most folks at bay.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i computer reset flash would help iot though i found it the other day on another thread i did it to my car and it running so much better it's like restoring your computer back to new

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Can not give an exact HP figure as I do not know exactly what "brand" parts you will buy. Start out with CAI (least cost) then go on to exhaust system(will work for all mods) last do ported throttle body. Best guess anywhere between 10-30 hp gain. But sound and fun factor go WAY up.
And with good driving habits will not affect cars reliability.
Also a hop over to the newbie check in page with an introduction of yourself and ride would be in order so all our international members can know of your arrival on the board.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts