Dodge Avenger Forum banner

2012 Avenger SE throttle prob. Help!!

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JPAvenger 
#1 ·
Hey guys. So I am having some unbelievable problems with my avenger. About two months ago it started putting the traction control lights and ETC light with very reduced throttle, all corrected by shutting the car off and turning it back on. I have taken it to multiple shops, and all of them have handed my the keys back and said sorry we can't help you after changing a few parts. As of now the car has a new throttle body, battery, PCM, and PCV hose. What else could it possibly be? I don't want to keep trying things because I've already put almost 2000 with labor in it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#4 · (Edited)
I take it that your ride is a 2.4 L. 4 cylinder motor? Been seeing a few of those showing up with leaking intake manifold gasket. And a vacuum leak will raise all kinds of havoc on the drivability of a car.
EDIT: Another possibility is the vacuum hose or brake booster one way check valve or a bad brake booster. But MY opinion runs with a leaky intake manifold gasket. There is a pretty good thread buried here in the site about it.

#5 ·
There are a lot of "possibilities" as to what could be the cause of a vacuum leak. Not knowing what code # specifically, if it is also an EVAP leak code... Check the EVAP hose and connector to intake manifold. MORE specific info may help us here to help narrow things down with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.