Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its being a few months now and my car keeps turning off while driving, sometimes it turns back on quickly but other times it doesn't it takes its time.
I have change the battery, alternator, Throttle Body(all new)

·
Premium Member
6,528 Posts
To get best possible responses, the forum members need to know a little vehicle history(Engine size, miles on it, previous repairs/maint done). A bit more info of "dies when driving" would also be helpful, like after how long of "driving" and what type of driving(stop and go city or open road). Also any dash warning light on when the car is still running? What are the lights and if the check engine light codes need to be pulled from the car's computer link under the dash and posted here by code format and NOT by general description.
Also WHAT was done to fix your previous postings of hooking the battery up incorrectly?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Found this on another site which might help you out:

"I have a 2012 avenger 2.3 was doing the same. I replaced the crank shaft censor the 2 cam shaft censors and the fuel pump. Did a hard reset and car has been running great. The codes i was getting are gone. This helped me hope it helps . "

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found this on another site which might help you out:

"I have a 2012 avenger 2.3 was doing the same. I replaced the crank shaft censor the 2 cam shaft censors and the fuel pump. Did a hard reset and car has been running great. The codes i was getting are gone. This helped me hope it helps . "
How do you a hard reset?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Just disconnect the negative battery terminal and let the car sit for 15 minutes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts