2012 Avenger upgrades

Discussion in '3.6L Pentastar' started by SavageGoat, Mar 31, 2018.

1. SavageGoat

SavageGoat New Member

I have a 2012 Avenger and am looking for upgrades ideas for brakes, exhaust, tune, plugs...etc. TIA. I already put in a K&N 69 series Typhoon intake. Want to upgrade the brakes next!

2. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    There are a bunch of treads offering different options for you to consider. I've got the Prime Choice premium drilled ans slotted rotors with matching pads. Also have the Corsa custom stainless exhaust and the Diablo tuner. I'm very pleased with all of these options so far.

3. Jeff Carter

Jeff Carter New Member

Media:
    Just looked up the brakes.. they’re pretty decently priced. I’m probably gonna go this route with mine. Any issues with them?
    I’m also wanting to get Red calipers, but should I just get covers for the stock calibers, or replace them too?

4. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Haven't had any issues with the brakes. They are noisier than stock non drilled rotors under hard braking but they work well. I painted my calipers with caliper paint...didn't like the look of the covers.

5. Jeff Carter

Jeff Carter New Member

Media:
    Great! Thanks for the info. I’ll probably go with the paint then on the calipers.
    As far as the slotted rotors go, is that a common thing for them to be noisier than the stock set under hard braking conditions, or do you think it’s just this specific brand choice? I’ve never had performance rotors, so I wouldn’t really know what to look for in that area.

6. Tyrone23

Tyrone23 Active Member

Media:
    If you paint them itll save you about $200 and look just as good.

I have EBC yellow stuff pads and I don't feel a huge difference unfortunately. I do have drilled/slotted and the only time I really hear the noise is coming off the interstate and having to brake a little harder. I think overall our brake size is too small for the size of the car, but that's just my opinion.

7. Jeff Carter

Jeff Carter New Member

Media:

Thanks for the help with this! I will more than likely just paint them then. That will save a bunch of money there.
    So no matter the rotors I get, I’m gonna hear some kind of noise when I’m hard braking. That’s not a worry for me then. I use an app that tracks my “hard-braking” for insurance any way, so I try to avoid that as much as possible haha. I would just like to have better performing brakes since I’ve heard things about the stock ones not being so well. And being that my 2011 I recently bought is at 90k Miles, I am sure no one did anything before me.

Intrepid likes this.
  8. brr

brr Member

Media:
    Upgrade to 13.3" front brakes......
    All parts are available at AutoZone except the mounting brackets, which I happen to have a spare set of :)

9. BJoe

BJoe Member

Ever thought about having copies of those brackets manufactured to sell, since everything else is just USDM parts for other cars?

10. Jeff Carter

Jeff Carter New Member

Media:
    I will most likely go with the larger rotors when I do finally do the upgrade. Are these brackets not common?
    Also, what did you do with the rear brakes?

11. brr

brr Member

Media:
    I haven't done anything with my rear brakes just yet, they do look puny compared to my front brakes now...lol
    I considered many things with these brackets, but I had posted many months ago about them on here and the Avenger/200 facebook page and I get a few likes and thats about it. I've even had them on eBay and there were a few views, but again no responses.
    The difference going from the 11.5" to 13.3" rotors to me made a world of a difference. Even techs at a local dealership that have driven my car couldn't believe the difference. And I never did a master cylinder upgrade or even had my brakes totally bled yet, I just did the typical old school bleeding without using the ABS systems bleeding process.

Tyrone23 and DodgeThis like this.
  12. DodgeThis

DodgeThis Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I agree, which is why i've upgraded to dual piston calipers.

brr likes this.