Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i want to replace the right-side dash pad on my avenger the bag has not deployed it is because it is cracked and looks bad is there a video i can watch or dose someone have instructions on how to remove the dash pad i have the replacement part and i will reuse my air bag i have a pretty good idea on how to replace it just trying to verify i have also been told to disconnect the battery for 15 min everything will be reinstalled to be factory i am not removing the airbag just replacing the dash pad that is damaged
benny

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I think this might help:

2013 Avenger

RH TOP PAD

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the A-pillar trim.
  3. Remove the defroster grille.
  4. Remove the center stack bezel hood and the center stack bezel.
  5. Remove the floor console.
  6. Remove the glove box assembly.
  7. Remove the outlet vent.
  8. Remove the two fasteners located under the center stack bezel hood securing the top pad to the base panel.
  9. Remove the two fasteners (1) located near the speaker.

10. Looking in from the glove box cavity, disconnect the PAB squib connectors and remove the nuts securing the PAB to the I/P structure.

11. Remove the fastener (1) below the vent opening.
  12. Grasp the RH top pad up near the defroster duct and pull up and rearward to disengage the retaining clips.

CAUTION
    The Instrument Panel Top pad may be hard to unsnap from the instrument panel. Be sure not to mar, scuff, or damage the instrument panel pad.

13. Remove the RH top pad from the vehicle.
  14. If necessary, separate the PAB from the RH top pad.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
No problem, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts