Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am new to the Avenger Forumz and I just bought a 2013 Dodge Avenger SXT 2.4l with 60,000 miles. I want to upgrade it to add performance not racing. I just change the stock spark plugs for the NGK Iridium ZFRF5IX-11. I could definitely feel a difference in accelerating and the way the car runs. I've looked into getting and K&N CAI 68-Typhoon. What other performance mods do anybody recommend???

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I would add a better free flowing muffler to the list. The factory muffler is very restrictive.

·
Registered
856 Posts
welcome. There is a ton of information here. Feel free to look around and ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! My question is if i add a CAI from K&N, do i need to upgrade my throttle body unit and/or add a throttle spacer??

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Thanks! My question is if i add a CAI from K&N, do i need to upgrade my throttle body unit and/or add a throttle spacer??
You can install the CAI on it's own.

Reactions: stevemcc0322

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. Would it be better to replace the fuel injectors or just add a cleaner additive? I'm pretty sure they have never been cleaned or changed if any.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
You only have 60K on the car. If it's running well I would just add a cleaner once in a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It runs good, I'll definitely add a cleaner. I've been looking everywhere for a light weight crank pulley but I haven't had any luck in finding one or which one could be the best for the engine.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
There are a bunch of threads on the forum about lightweight pulleys for the 2.4 if you have a look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts