Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the battery tested a few days ago it was fine and the guy put new cables / wires /connectors on it
Was running fine. Then this morning I left and it wouldn't go over 20 mph then it died! It turns over just won't crank back up. Tried starting fluid,, unhooked battery's no hoooked back up. My brother brought his computer code reader over and it's saying the key is the only code coming up. the red lighthning bolt and service engine light are on on the dash lighting bolt flashes. Few times then goes away. Anyone ever had this happen. Helppppppp

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
The red lightning bolt indicates a problem with the electronic throttle control.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You can try this to see if it helps:

"To reset the electronic throttle control system, perform the following:

• Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" position but do not start the engine
  • Wait for all the warning lights to go out. The check engine light may remain on.
  • Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
  • Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it is all the way back up at the rest position.
  • Turn the ignition key to "OFF" position.
  • Start the engine and test the throttle by see if the engine will throttle up.

You would need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected or replaced. If there are any codes in the computer they may relate to the gas pedal position sensor, which could cause the lightning bolt to appear."

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
521 Posts
Make sure the code reader can read advanced codes, if not all you will get are the ones that turn on a CEL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kiki
You can try this to see if it helps:

"To reset the electronic throttle control system, perform the following:

• Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" position but do not start the engine
  • Wait for all the warning lights to go out. The check engine light may remain on.
  • Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
  • Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it is all the way back up at the rest position.
  • Turn the ignition key to "OFF" position.
  • Start the engine and test the throttle by see if the engine will throttle up.

You would need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected or replaced. If there are any codes in the computer they may relate to the gas pedal position sensor, which could cause the lightning bolt to appear."
I tried this and the warning lights never went off. The seatbelts air bag tire and engine light are on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts