Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 SE Avenger here, ready to pull my hair out over a Driverside Low Beam Headlight that appears to be getting no power!

The bulb is good, it works on the passenger side when I switch out the bulbs...

I replaced the wiring socket/harness with a new one from Advanced Autoparts. To do that, I cut out the old one and spliced the wires with heat shrink butt connectors to the new one, still no go.

I've read up on it possibly being a TIPM issue. For that it would be a matter of reflashing/resetting the TIPM which you would have to ideally take to the dealer (as I was told) or do it yourself. So I took it to the dealer...

they wouldn't work on it because they have a policy on working on Title Rebuilt cars... AAAAH! :(

So I figured maybe I'll just reset the TIPM myself - only to be meet with this post here.

So no TIPM Reset. Then I read up that it could be a bad ground - I frankly don't know how to check for that in this Dodge Avenger specifically.

Ironically, I have a fix-it ticket because of this with a court date coming soon LOL. I'm thinking of throwing in the towel and doing something like this video.

Did it really have to come to this? I feel like I'm going crazy. Has anybody else dealt with this issue? Please let me know :')

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Wiring issues are no fun. We had the same issue with a Pacifica a number of years ago. It ended up being a corroded wire. I beleive it was near the bottom of the TIPM. Disconnect your battery and pull out your TIPM to closely check all the connections on the bottom where all of the wiring connects. I think that would be your best starting point. Hope that helps.
That video link looks like it should work as a last resort if the TIPM itself is bad.

Reactions: AJ CARD

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Find a different dealer or a small shop to look into it if all else fails. I can't believe that they didn't want your business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts