Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive scoured the webs and cannot find any information, diagrams instructions on how to remove the oil pan correctly. I have a 2013 SXT V6 . would anyone have any information on this task? I have all of the bolts out of it - there are two studs that have nuts you have to take off - not sure if im supposed to remove the 2 studs going into the upper oil pan or not or if there is anything else that needs to be loosened, taken apart to get the oil pan off. Ive watched pretty much every youtube video I could find that might have been helpful but all of them are different then my setup. There really isnt much info. out there for this car as far as repairs go (that is free anyway)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hope this helps you out:

2013 LOWER OIL PAN

1. Raise and support the vehicle.
  2. Drain the engine oil.
  3. Remove the belly pan.
  4. Remove inner splash shield.

NOTE
    The lower oil pan must be removed to access all of the upper oil pan retaining bolts.

5. Remove fifteen bolts (1), two nuts (2) and two studs (3) from the flange of the lower oil pan.

CAUTION
    Do not pry on the lower oil pan flange. There are no designated pry points for lower oil pan removal. Prying on only one or a few locations could bend the flange and damage the pan.

6. Using a gasket scraper or equivalent, loosen the seal around the lower oil pan in order to shear the sealant bond and remove the pan.
  7. Remove all residual sealant from the upper and lower oil pans and clean the mating surfaces with isopropyl alcohol in preparation for sealant application.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You're welcome, good luck:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*update - I got the 2 studs out but the damn thing sure is stuck on there still. sprayed some wd40 around the seem in hopes of loosening up the sealant\gasket. I might end up having to some prying tools which will bend it and ill have to get a new oil pan unless someone else has any ideas how to get this thing off without prying.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Step #6 in the instructions member Intrepid posted to you. Gasket scraper(FLAT) or even a 2" wide flat putty knife will work between the two surfaces to cut thru the RTV sealant. The motor does NOT use a traditional pan gasket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts