Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon sitting at idle in park and while sitting idle in drive while at a light, my car starts shaking. My cars idle RPMs are roughly 800, but it will jump either direction 300 RPS while shaking.
I have no engine code, and have made sure all my fluids are properly filled as well as look good, I also looked at all the mounts and none appear to be worn.
I was speaking to a mechanic friend who suggested it could be a cracked header as they are plastic or a small vacuum leak. Anyone else have a common issue that the got taken care of? Thanks.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upon sitting at idle in park and while sitting idle in drive while at a light, my car starts shaking. My cars idle RPMs are roughly 800, but it will jump either direction 300 RPS while shaking.
I have no engine code, and have made sure all my fluids are properly filled as well as look good, I also looked at all the mounts and none appear to be worn.
I was speaking to a mechanic friend who suggested it could be a cracked header as they are plastic or a small vacuum leak. Anyone else have a common issue that the got taken care of? Thanks.
Also, I have checked the air intake and everything appears clean and fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I noticed that mine shakes when I have the ac or heat blowing. I turn it off and it stops. Do you have the ac/heat blowing when stopped at lights; that might be a good starting point.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed that mine shakes when I have the ac or heat blowing. I turn it off and it stops. Do you have the ac/heat blowing when stopped at lights; that might be a good starting point.
I’ve tried both AC and Heat on and off both in gear and in park at idle. Doesn’t change.
It might be worth mentioning that I know I have some type of transmission problem, such as kicking and haven’t difficulty shifting, but I don’t see how that would effect it at idle while in Park

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Has the car been serviced recently? Have you actually scanned for codes with a good scanner? Hard to say without knowing history of the car.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has the car been serviced recently? Have you actually scanned for codes with a good scanner? Hard to say without knowing history of the car.
Serviced as in for anything, no, the last thing that was done was a recall for the Cat about two years ago, however after that I discovered a ground wire that the shop left disconnected but I never found out what it went to. As for upkeep like oil changes, filters, fluid checks, I do all of that myself and keep up to date on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts