Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks for who ever reads this. I have a 2014 with a 2.4L and a Cai. I recently chopped off the stock muffler and just ran pipe down. I purchased a flowmaster 10 and installed that with clamps and bands. My stock pipe is a 2 inch diameter and the muffler is a 2.5inch diameter. Im keeping the resonator installed and keeping it single. Does it make a difference if its all clamped or welded together. And should i have the muffler in the middle of the rear wheel axel and have the joint pipes to a tip or Should i have the joint pipes to the muffler to a tip. Ive been seeing people just having the muffler as a tip coming out the back and that just seems a little off. I want a a little deeper tone without making it sound like a riced out civic. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Clamping works well. I used the wider band clamps. I would run a pipe from the muffler to the tip. You can mount the muffler wherever it works for you. It's a very good idea to keep the resonator.
Could look something like this setup:

Here's a nice dual setup with the Vibrant muffler. You would have to make a small cutout in the valance for the second tip:
https://www.avengerforumz.com/threads/vibrant-exhaust-project-complete.53414/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts