1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 2.4L Avenger Stalling

Car Stalling and I’m Playing Whack-a-Mole

2014 2.4L Avenger 98000 miles.

Intermittently stalling when the car is warmed up and running, did it this morning while talking a turn. It makes a serious noise when I turned the wheel is morning. It took about 30 minutes and me popping the hood for it to start up again. No codes but, when it doesn’t start, I’ll see the engine light and ETC on the dash.

This has been going on for a while and all these parts are <1000 miles new:

Spark plugs and boots
MAP sensor
CAM sensor
CRANK sensor
Throttle body
Intake gasket
Fuel pump and filter
PVC
TRANS oil and Engine oil
Battery
Purge valve

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Did you actually scan for codes with a good OBD reader? Did you do a throttle recalibration when you replaced the throttle body?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Dodge Avenger and having stalling problems out of it. I have the TIPM repaired, cam and Crank shaft sensor replaced and a new fuel pump put on.. it will run for several days and will stall. I can wait a few minutes and crank it up and it will run good for several more days before it does it again. I don't ever know when it will do it. When I replaced the fuel pump, I hear a roaring noise. Sometime it will smooth out and sometimes it doesn't. What else can I do to straighten out the problem? Please help. I'm not trying to buy another car yet. I have had the car put on the machine and it never show a code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2013 Dodge Avenger and having stalling problems out of it. I have the TIPM repaired, cam and Crank shaft sensor replaced and a new fuel pump put on.. it will run for several days and will stall. I can wait a few minutes and crank it up and it will run good for several more days before it does it again. I don't ever know when it will do it. When I replaced the fuel pump, I hear a roaring noise. Sometime it will smooth out and sometimes it doesn't. What else can I do to straighten out the problem? Please help. I'm not trying to buy another car yet. I have had the car put on the machine and it never show a code.
I went about replacing the ignition switch a couple of days ago but, the verdict is still out. The only thing o haven’t changed is the alternator yet so if it doesn’t work that’s my next victim. I’m tempted to see about the PCM in the future if anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts