Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a hurry, so I will introduce myself later. I'm in dire need of help or advice. My wife's 2014 Avenger started leaking at the oil filter adapter last year. They were all out of stock everywhere, I found aluminum replacements. I installed it and three weeks later it started leaking again. This has happened three times now. I'm getting tired of working on this thing and tired of listening to the wife about not getting it fixed right . What am I doing wrong? I think my old adapter is OK, should I just put new seals on that and try it again? Please help!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
What is leaking exactly, oil or coolant?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oil. It puddles up down there and overflows on the transmission end and makes a mess on the driveway.. The wife always know when it starts to leak, because the check engine light comes on. Any help would greatly be appreciated. My original housing looks fine, the seals just look flattened out. The car only has 80,000 miles on it. I'm wondering if I should try to put that one on with new seals?

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
The aluminum replacements have a lot of good reviews but there are the odd ones that have very slight defects like broken lips(near the seals) that are not very noticeable. I would inspect the replacement housing very closely. If not, get new seals and put the original type in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I have talked to a few more people, They all say to use an original Mopar replacement part for $300. So I guess that's what I need to do. If I have problems again, I will be on here again. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
No worries, best of luck. I replaced mine with the OEM part and all is good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts