Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know a lot about cars but I have a 2014 Dodge avenger that just randomly started having problems and now those problems are adding up. It has people stumped who have looked at my car so any ideas are welcome!
A few weeks ago my car fob would not lock/unlock the doors, changed the battery worked for a day then stopped.
My car doors will not lock with the door open
The car continues to beep when i take the key out
The car hesitates to start but starts each time
The car takes a second to shut off after i take the key out
The clock on my radio resets to 12 each time I start the car

I had a guy at autozone put the battery tester on it. Told me it was not the battery, and not the alternator. And when I start my car my battery immediately drains 11%. Said that its something electrical.
Disconnected/reconnected the fuses.
At a total loss!
Please help!!

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Have the battery cable ends and battery terminals checked and cleaned of "tarnishing". Can cause a multitude of electrical "glitches when power and grounds of the battery cables get tarnished/corroded. And yes the battery is in a hard to reach area and usually the LAST thing an owner wants to get at to perform as a normal service need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they've been checked, but not cleaned however. But they are not corroded as I had my brother check.
Checked the IOD fuse as well and that's fine.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Did you check for any codes from the computer?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
It almost sounds like the ignition switch with the wierd things that happen with the key operation.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
No, should be relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Battery cables can visually look good until taken apart. It is a good idea to remove and clean all electrical battery cable connections to a shiny metal and coat with dielectric grease before reassembly. This will ensure a good electrical connection and will always be better than just a physical look. Many people solved their issues with doing this procedure. There are multiple connection points from the battery post clamp to the battery jumping posts, and all wire connectors at the jumping posts need to be cleaned as well with a coating of dielectric grease.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So unfourtanetly that wasn't the problem. Anything other ideas. This is driving me nuta

1 - 12 of 12 Posts