Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just purchased a 2014 Dodge avenger SXT with a 3.6L motor. Any suggestions on the type of oil I should be using. The synthetic, synthetic blend, or standard motor oil. Calls for 5W 20 but doesn’t indicate what type. Car has 21,000 miles on it. Thanks

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Hello and welcome!
The type of oil is a personal preference. Some people swear by synthetic and some by good quality standard oil. I change my oil regularly using a good quality standard oil.

·
Registered
153 Posts
21,000 miles on a 2014..nice score.
Check the Amsoil line of full synthetics.
OE,XL &Signature.
Full disclosure I'm an independent dealer for Amsoil but I use what I sell and used it before I started selling it. I started with the OE and switched to XL in my 2013 R/T.
I have the old oil analyzed once a year and the lab consistently advises the oil was good for more mileage even though I run it 2 or 3 k longer than recommended.
Check the Amsoil website and they have lots of Head to Head test results

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
21,000 miles on a 2014..nice score.
Check the Amsoil line of full synthetics.
OE,XL &Signature.
Full disclosure I'm an independent dealer for Amsoil but I use what I sell and used it before I started selling it. I started with the OE and switched to XL in my 2013 R/T.
I have the old oil analyzed once a year and the lab consistently advises the oil was good for more mileage even though I run it 2 or 3 k longer than recommended.
Check the Amsoil website and they have lots of Head to Head test results
Ok thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts