Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Avenger used and it only had 9200 miles now it has 22500 and was wondering if I should replace the rotors and brakes or just the brake pads and do you recommend getting Brembo or what brand?

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
If you are handy you could pull the wheels off and inspect the pads and rotors for wear. If not, just take the car into a trusted mechanic to have them checked. That's still a low mileage and I suspect the brakes should still be ok for a while(depending on the previous owner's driving habits):cool:

Reactions: wolfsblood07

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are handy you could pull the wheels off and inspect the pads and rotors for wear. If not, just take the car into a trusted mechanic to have them checked. That's still a low mileage and I suspect the brakes should still be ok for a while(depending on the previous owner's driving habits):cool:
I'm going to do it myself and what do you think about Brembo brakes or what would you recommend

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
You can do a search on the forum for all of the various opinions. I have used these drilled and slotted rotors and semi-metallic pads the last 2 times and have been very pleased. The only thing about drilled and slotted rotors is that they are a bit noisy on hard braking. The quality and price are great(used to be Prime Choice).

https://www.autoshack.com/BRAKEPKG499

Reactions: Redjag316

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can do a search on the forum for all of the various opinions. I have used these drilled and slotted rotors and semi-metallic pads the last 2 times and have been very pleased. The only thing about drilled and slotted rotors is that they are a bit noisy on hard braking. The quality and price are great(used to be Prime Choice).

https://www.autoshack.com/BRAKEPKG499
Thank you

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought this Avenger used and it only had 9200 miles now it has 22500 and was wondering if I should replace the rotors and brakes or just the brake pads and do you recommend getting Brembo or what brand?
You could take the tires off and check the rotors yourself, just take your fingertip and slide it across the surface. If you feel the surface has ridges or creases, you can take the caliper off, and take it to a machine shop or an auto parts store and get them turned. O'Reilly's does it for $20 a pair if I am not mistaken. Unless they are to worn out, but judging by the miles on your vehicle they should be pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts