Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the difference is between all the 3.5 i see and my sideways 3.5 RT? Just to let everyone know I just rolled over 210 K miles on it 馃槉

Premium Member
Glad to hear you have attained such total miles. BUT I'm a bit confused as to just what you're looking for in "differences".

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear you have attained such total miles. BUT I'm a bit confused as to just what you're looking for in "differences".
From when I can tell they only put the sideways 3.5 in the RT so I didn't know if it was high output or something

Premium Member
From when I can tell they only put the sideways 3.5 in the RT so I didn't know if it was high output or something
The long block(block and heads) are the same in both the TRANSVERSE and INLINE applications. Any ratings difference comes from intake and exhaust manifold routings. Inline mountings have the advantage of less restrictive flow patterns that equate to higher ratings.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The long block(block and heads) are the same in both the TRANSVERSE and INLINE applications. Any ratings difference comes from intake and exhaust manifold routings. Inline mountings have the advantage of less restrictive flow patterns that equate to higher ratings.
Awesome thanks for the info. You got any info on throttle body problems I had to take it off to change the back plugs and it keeps throwing the light up on the dash. I tried doing the resetting or reprogramming by pushing down on the gas pedal slow holding it for 20 seconds then releasing this does not seem to work guess I shouldn't have cleaned it

Premium Member
Which light the Red ETC or the Yellow CEL or both? Have you checked for computer fault codes?
The whole upper air intake has to cone off for spark plugs, did you use new gaskets. could have a vacuum leak. The throttle body assy. bolts to the upper air intake, they don't last forever as the multiple gear drive that opens the round plate inside do wear out(just like on the L4 2,4 motor). Go back and recheck your work if this happened after doing the spark plugs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which light the Red ETC or the Yellow CEL or both? Have you checked for computer fault codes?
The whole upper air intake has to cone off for spark plugs, did you use new gaskets. could have a vacuum leak. The throttle body assy. bolts to the upper air intake, they don't last forever as the multiple gear drive that opens the round plate inside do wear out(just like on the L4 2,4 motor). Go back and recheck your work if this happened after doing the spark plugs.
It's the little symbol with the lightning bolt I did scan it with computer no codes I already took off the throttle body for a second time gasket looks good. Could it be the intake gasket leaking causing it to set off throttle body sensor?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the little symbol with the lightning bolt I did scan it with computer no codes I already took off the throttle body for a second time gasket looks good. Could it be the intake gasket leaking causing it to set off throttle body sensor?
What about a hard reset the battery cable thing overnight

Premium Member
You could try that, but be prepared for a new throttle body assy. The ETC light is a "stand alone" for the throttle body, IF you had CEL and codes I would have suggested other things.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could try that, but be prepared for a new throttle body assy. The ETC light is a "stand alone" for the throttle body, IF you had CEL and codes I would have suggested other things.
Ok thanks alot good bullshiting with u

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey I think I might know what's wrong when I had the throttle body off the car I open the throttle plate by hand. Car only acts up high idle or if I slow down for a stop sign and then go to pull away the light will come on and it wont go over 2000 RPM but I can shut it off and start it back up and it will be fine again. Do you think I broke it

Premium Member
A good chance, it's got a lot of miles on it and the series of plastic gears that open the "butterfly are known to wear/chip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts