Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a hurry os I will introduce myself later. ! My wife's 2014 Avenger's oil filter housing started to leak last year. At the time the plastic replacements were not available. I found nice aluminum units-though made in China, it looks like a very nice replacement. Since that replacement, I've had it off three times replacing the seals. Every time it was ok for 2 or 3 weeks-then started leaking again. I am getting so tired of working on this damn thing! Plus listening to the wife bitching about the leak returning and the engine light coming on. every time. What am I doing wrong? PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
??? Oil filter housing? You mean the complete oil cooler assembly, correct? Sounds like possibly inferior materials were used and ut is expanding too much under heat and pressure or it is not properly aligning with the engine and makes the seals wear out in no time flat

·
Registered
247 Posts
What about the mounting surface on the new aluminum adapter housing not being flat? Take a good metal straight edge and lay it across the mounting surface to see if its not level. It may need to be resurfaced slightly to make sure its flat....idk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts