Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 3.6 avenger it's got about 102k on the odometer awhile back it started giving me trans problems high revs and rough down shifts I found a leak I replaced the oil cooler lines and then took it to a trusted mechanic to do a filter and flush on it at about 85k meanwhile I can feel it slip under wide open throttle I'm curious if anyone has a fix to make the transmission more durable or even swapping it out for a newer 200 8 speed auto since I've never liked how the transmission performed anyways I figured the newer 200s had the 3.6 as well with a eight speed so should help performance

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
You should never get a trans flush as it stirs up metal particles that won't be removed by the flushing. It can cause more damage than good. The eight speed might work but there would be an issue for the computer programming(the ECU and the TCM).

Reactions: baccaruda

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I believe that the 200 used a 9 speed not an 8. Intrepid is right on the money about more issues being created by flushing the transmission and that applies to all makes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi there, i am assuming your mechanic used " mopar + 4 " ATF? i am a firm believer in using mopar fluid back into the trans...thats my opinion in my shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts