Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow avenger enthusiasts,

Lately I have been having issues with my 2013 Avenger 3.6L shuttering and often times flat out dying when I am rolling/coasting to a stop. Does not matter slow or fast rate of deceleration as it will happen while crawling through a drive-through. Feels like the engine is stalling and RPM dip below regular idle. If I apply a small amount of gas during early shuttering can prevent the stall. Power supply from battery is present/consistent but ignition requires restart. Engine turns over fine.

Fuel injectors, maybe? Something else? Has anyone used additives to fuel to maintain/restore engine performance? What kind did you use? Suggestions please! Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,357 Posts
How many miles on the car and what maint. has it had(plugs, throttle body cleaning,etc) Yes run a can of SeaFoam in the gas tank and let it work thru, I've had great results using it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
65,000. Maintenance consists of basic/regular fluid changes and k&n filter cleaned regularly. Last thorough inspection done was @55k when transmission required replacement. Transmissin would not shift beyond gear 3 - it would attempt to shift to 4th and subsequently drop to 1st. At the same time, it was discovered that one of the harmonic balancers was breaking loose - this issue was also addressed and corrected at 55k miles both covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Get rid of the K&N and go to a blue dry filter that is washable. There are report on different forums about oil from the filter getting out and gumming up the throttle body and other sensors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same exact car and problem and filter I've never done anything to the car except a recent oil pressure sensor. The car is a 13 avenger r/t with the 3.6 and has almost exactly 100,000 miles on it and gets drove maybe 10 miles a day for past 4 years and it's been a texas car most of its life until June this year and it seems sensors and problems are occurring more and more since the move to Tennessee

·
Premium Member
7,357 Posts
I have the same exact car and problem and filter I've never done anything to the car except a recent oil pressure sensor. The car is a 13 avenger r/t with the 3.6 and has almost exactly 100,000 miles on it and gets drove maybe 10 miles a day for past 4 years and it's been a texas car most of its life until June this year and it seems sensors and problems are occurring more and more since the move to Tennessee
You are due for some hefty required maint. ,Spark plugs, etc
Also the trans oil filter and oil should be changed(NOT flushed)
Something I've been seeing complaints of stalling coming to a stop is actually found to come from a failing TCC solenoid in the transmission. TRY putting the car in Neutral as you come to a stop and see if it stays running. Not a hard job to replace the TCC solenoid and there are you tube videos of how to do the task.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts