Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2013 dodge se 3.6l engine 6 cylinder 62te transmission
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Lora. I own a 2013 avenger se 3.6l. I need to replace end cover gasket on my transmission. I ordered gasket from Cobra transmission. My problem is how the heck do I get the 2 top bolts on end cover back in once I take them out. I haven't taken them all the way out yet simply because there is no room to work, only about 1inch of space cus I'm up against a metal sheet opposite end cover plate. Here's a picture. I tried removing the air filter above. Didnt really help much. I thought well maybe I could heat up the metal and bend it or hammer it a little to have more room. Any ideas gentlemen or ladies if there are any?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle

· Registered
6,230 Posts
Not a common thing to do in the car. Not sure but you might have to loosen trans and motor mounts on a jack to lower the transmission enough to get top bolts out. They usually use ATV RTF as a sealer and the bolts should be torqued at 105 in. lbs.

Reactions: Lora Rosell

· Registered
2013 dodge se 3.6l engine 6 cylinder 62te transmission
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a common thing to do in the car. Not sure but you might have to loosen trans and motor mounts on a jack to lower the transmission enough to get top bolts out. They usually use ATV RTF as a sealer and the bolts should be torqued at 105 in. lbs.
I'm replacing end cover gasket cuz it leaking. This is my 3rd leak on this transmission. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

· Registered
6,230 Posts
Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts