Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the desert and it's getting hot...A/C worked fine this morning, after lunch, nothing but hot air. I know I'll have to get the A/C serviced, but I wanted to troubleshoot the most cost effective way first. I checked the manual, but I cannot find which fuse is for the A/C. Anybody know which fuse controls A/C.

I checked the compressor and it spins freely. Now I suspect the freon is low and thus not engaging the compressor. But I want to check the fuse first.

I'll probably have the system vacuumed out and then filled up to see if that's the problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I take it, it is still blowing air and all the fan speeds are good?

Just because, have you checked the cabin air filter? When the air was working, do you know how often the compressor cycled on and off? Yes, there is a good chance that you do need to add refrigerant to the system, especially if the compressor kept cycling on and off like crazy. It should still kick on and off even with low refrigerant. Should be able to tell real easy with the hood open.

If the pipes build up condensation and are cold to the touch, then you might have a different problem.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check and make sure the condenser fan is running with the ac on. A lot of ac troubles are from a condenser fan inop on low or high mode. However, it may not run if the system is not engaging the compressor. Does it get cooler as you drive?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't cool when driving. Been told the compressor is kaput. Will have to get another...just as the heatwave starts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
having ac issues .replaced evaporator check every thing and no cold air really gettin to me.looking into relays now .any more advice any please .this is drivin me nuts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
***UPDATE***

Bad compressor. Had it replaced by dealer, then after a month it went out again. Been told Chrysler had a bad batch of compressors nationwide and I got lucky with one of them...but it has been replaced and working fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE

Bad compressor. Had it replaced by dealer, then after a month it went out again. Been told Chrysler had a bad batch of compressors nationwide and I got lucky with one of them...but it has been replaced and working fine.
how much did you pay if you had someone do it

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Look at when the person last posted. You won't get an answer. 8 year old thread. Post your own thread and/or call a service place to get a quote. Have a great day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts