Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, nice to meet you. So I hope I'm in the right place. I have a few issues with my 2013 dodge avenger se 2.4 . Currently it is my only vehicle and I depend on it to get my daughter to school and myself to work. Also I bought this car from a buy here pay here lot that is known for selling lemons , I didn't know this till it was too late, and I have had nothing but issue after issue with it. And I still have 2 years before it's paid off so I'd really like to be able to drive it lol, ok enough of the rant. So a few days ago I came around a corner and there was a city water truck filling up and the street was wet, I was speeding and my car started to lose control, I had just thankfully had 4 new tires installed the week prior so with a lot of luck and a little skill I kept from hitting anything and pulled into the building I live at and parked. A few hrs later I left and got about 5-8 miles up the road and my car lost all power and went into limp mode. The traction control light and the etc light came on , the etc light was flashing. I pulled over shut the car off and restarted it and it had went away until I pulled back onto the hiway into traffic where it went back into limp mode and has been ever since. I've done a ton of reading on this subject and have seen several ideas and tried most of them, here they are. From my understanding the etc and traction control are separate issues that happened at the same time. So I removed my throttle body and cleaned it, due to the high mileage on my car(over 200,000) it was a mess. When I was cleaning it I noticed that once closed it kinda stuck and was hard to open back up, I also had noticed a tapping noise coming from it beforehand which is the reason I removed it in the first place. I got it all cleaned up and reinstalled , no change, still a tapping noise at idle, it goes away with light pressure on the gas peddle, less than 2000 rpms. I then removed the computer itself and sprayed everything down with contact cleaner and reinstalled it, I tried resetting/recalibrating the throttle body several different ways i saw described in the forums with no luck there either. I have been thru the majority of the wiring and did find a few wires that had rubbed against the intake and had bare spots on them so I tape them up and checked every fuse/ relay in the car. I have removed every wheel and used contact cleaner on the abs sensor s though I'm not sure that would help anything but I did it anyways. I unhooked the battery over night, I removed the throttle body relay for several minutes and tried recalibraring it afterwards, I replaced both positive and negative battery cables thinking maybe there was a short in something because even though I didn't hit anything, I was still sideways in the street and I'm sure everything got thrown around pretty hard. Not sure if this has anything to do with anything or not but a month or so ago my check engine light and battery light came on and I replaced the battery and alternator. I'm fairly competant when it comes to working on vehicles, although if I'm being honest I'm more in tune with carburetors and distributers lol, the newer stuff is a little above my pay grade

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
First off go to an auto parts shop and have them read and reset the fault codes. Make sure to write down all the codes that are read here. Once the codes are here it will be a lot easier to help you get thru this. Don't be the parts changer, without first having guidance on what to do. It gets expensive quick and may never actually get to the issue. There are a lot of very competent people on the board to help you out but they do need a starting point. CODES.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off go to an auto parts shop and have them read and reset the fault codes. Make sure to write down all the codes that are read here. Once the codes are here it will be a lot easier to help you get thru this. Don't be the parts changer, without first having guidance on what to do. It gets expensive quick and may never actually get to the issue. There are a lot of very competent people on the board to help you out but they do need a starting point. CODES.
OK so I got codes0443, emission purge control valve circuit , 0032 ,HO 25 heater control circuit high bank 1 sensor 1, 0108 manifold absolute pressure/ barometric pressure circuit high and lastly 0750 shift solenoid A

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was in the same situation as you recently. I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger RT 2.4l. My ETC light kept appearing accompanied with limp mode. Restarting the car fixed it a few times here and there but it was annoying me. My codes were displaying things about the throttle actuator so I replaced my throttle body, it didn't work. Then I replaced my pedal and that didn't work either. Finally had enough and took it somewhere while it was happening and they smoked it and said my intake manifold was leaking. I replaced the gasket myself and haven't had an issue since the 30th of September knock on wood.

Anyways, enough of my story. The only thing to me that sparks a possible fault is the manifold absolute pressure. I'd look into that to see if it fixes your problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much. I still havnt figured it out! I've replaced the throttle body, the pedal, the solenoid pack, and the tcm!! I was at first certain it had something to do with the wiring but after having traced almost every wire in the car , I'm back to ground 0 now with no clue which way to go. I even took it to a small service shop that told me without removing the transmission they couldn't tell me what was wrong! I'm a pretty decent mechanic atleast I'd like to think I was but everything I worked on was older vehicles and things were not so complex back I'm the day lol. Anyways I was getting the shift solenoid A code and low voltage to the tcm?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you very much. I still havnt figured it out! I've replaced the throttle body, the pedal, the solenoid pack, and the tcm!! I was at first certain it had something to do with the wiring but after having traced almost every wire in the car , I'm back to ground 0 now with no clue which way to go. I even took it to a small service shop that told me without removing the transmission they couldn't tell me what was wrong! I'm a pretty decent mechanic atleast I'd like to think I was but everything I worked on was older vehicles and things were not so complex back I'm the day lol. Anyways I was getting the shift solenoid A code and low voltage to the tcm?
You might need to take your car to a shop that specializes in electrical. If that doesn’t fix it, maybe your intake manifold gasket is going bad. Mine threw a code for high airflow, but for sure my gasket was bad for a while before that code was thrown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts