Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first vehicle.. a 2014 Dodge Avenger SXT.. I also bought plug in projector lights with the dodge avenger logo.. they are supposed to pop right into the door lights.. problem is I noticed that my car doesn't have door lights.. is there a way I can have them installed.. would it be worth the hassle? Would there be electrical problems/issues if I have them installed... thanks for any advice. 馃槉

Registered
Doesn't sound too difficult to do:

How to install the universal car door light logo projector?
1. First test if the received projection lamp can work normally.
2. Remove the car door panel.
3. Find the correct position and drill with a punch.
4. Install the logo projector light. Tighten the screw to fix the logo projector light, and then connect the positive and negative terminals to the wires that controls the door switch.
5. Check if it is installed correctly. Does the lamp work properly? Whether the projected logo direction is what you want.
6. Install the car door panel back to its original position. All is perfect!

Registered
@JFire same thing happened to me. Impulse buy on "prime day". Received them yesterday and was excited to get them installed but never checked to see if my doors had lights. Instead of returning them though I'm using @Intrepid approach. Soldered leads on them today and will attempt the install again tonight. 馃

Registered
If these are the square ones that clip in they are very hard to mount /cut it I would look at the ghost lights on ebay
these mount in a circular hole and some come with the hole cutter I installed a cut off switch to keep them off with door closed

Registered
I used the square clip in lights, drilled a 1" hole into the door panels, sealed with black silicone, and used double sided Gorilla tape to mount them in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts