Dodge Avenger Forum banner

ABS and Traction Control Light Comes on.

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Intrepid 
#1 ·
Good morning fellow avenger owners. I am not sure if any one has experienced this issue before. I checked the forum and couldnt find anything related. My ABS light and Traction Control Light comes on Randomly. I cant figure out why. I did try to pull a code but nothing came up. I tried with the key dance as well as with a code reader.
The manual states to take it in for service but it is being picked up today to be shipped to St Thomas.
The issue started about 2 weeks ago. It seems to be random at this moment. I have checked for brake fluid leaks and made sure the brake fluid is topped off. But nothing.
Driving back and forth to town on mostly flat roads the light will come on. When it comes on the cruise control is kicked off but the car drives normally and I have full brakes and no issues.
Any thoughts or has this happened to any one else before?

#2 ·
Could be a bad or dirty sensor at one of the wheels. You might have to pull the wheels to do a closer inspection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.