Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have coolant leaking from the drain hose on my avenger. I know it is coolant because I ran the dye through it. What would the problem be?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Let us know what year and engine you have so we can try to help. Also, what drain hose are you talking about.

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you are talking about a/c refrigerant with dye coming out the water drain of the heater box, then the a/c evaporator is leaking and needs to be replaced. IF you are talking about having put dye in the engine antifreeze, and it is leaking out the water drain of the heater box,then the heater core is leaking and needs to be replaced. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum! Let us know what year and engine you have so we can try to help. Also, what drain hose are you talking about.
I have 2097 dodge avenger. The AC was not working. Bought and filled it with refrigerant. Quit working again, so I bought dye and checked for the leak..it is leaking from the drain hose for the AC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! If you are talking about a/c refrigerant with dye coming out the water drain of the heater box, then the a/c evaporator is leaking and needs to be replaced. IF you are talking about having put dye in the engine antifreeze, and it is leaking out the water drain of the heater box,then the heater core is leaking and needs to be replaced. Hope this helps.
My AC quit working bought and filled with refrigerant, quit working again, bought dye and looked for leak. It is leaking from the drain hose for the AC ( evaporating hose I assume )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts