Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i the first here to be in an accident?

I was driving to lasik plus for a follow up appointment (had laser eye surgery a couple months ago) on friday. I ran over a piece of carpet (12-14 feet long in total but folded up). There were vehicles on both sides of me, a big delivery truck in front of me. I had no where to go, ran over it (folder 3 or 4 times) on the right side.

I scratched the front fascia and read side near the back tire.

I have to get a couple estimates for insurance to take care of it. I spoke to a friend who does paint repair for dealerships. He's going to take a look to see if he can fix it. I may wind up not needing to get my insurance involved.

Beyond that, I'm going to get a shop to check out the suspension and see if there's any damange there.

- Dan M

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Actually no. I just haven't posted. Right after I got my car, while trying to pull it into the garage while I was sick, while it was dark, and while I had my glasses on (don't see as well with them) I slid the passenger side rear quarter panel right over the back wheel up against the painted wood of the garage. Just kissed it. Took care of it with ScratchX which worked wonders...there was no dents or anything, just a white mark.

Then a few weeks ago, in a fit of rage/stupidity (but more stupidity than anything) my wifes friend backed her boyfriends truck out (she was throwing him out apparantly) of her drive because she didn't want it there. I was across the street however and she backed right into my drivers side door. Creased it so bad they had to replace the door, but they did a good job on the repair, other than a rattle in the speaker area (that they will fix) and a whistle from the seal at certain speeds not sealing right (which they will fix). I think that job cost about $1500 or so.

Oh and just so you know, the flat colored pieces on the door that run vertically the length of the window (think if you looking at the drivers door, the piece of metal on the right hand side of the door that also matches in flat color the peice on the left hand side of the drivers side rear door) is actually not painted flat black. Its a piece of tape. During the repair, everytime they ordered the tape it would come in screwed up. So they ended up just painting mine flat on both doors on the drivers side. Matchs the passenger side well enough you wouldn't notice it unless I told you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was pulling out a parking spot, and the person behind me didn't look and started to back up and hit me on the back pasenger side right behind the wheel. I have a couple scratch marks where the paint had been taken off... The other car had nothing wrong... :(

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I was pulling out a parking spot, and the person behind me didn't look and started to back up and hit me on the back pasenger side right behind the wheel. I have a couple scratch marks where the paint had been taken off... The other car had nothing wrong... :(
:( I hate inattentive people like that!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sure does! I disabled it when i lock my doors. it's echo too much and is hard on my ears in the parking garage at the office.

- Dan M

·
Registered
36 Posts
Luckily, I haven't had the experiences you have had (knock on wood), but coming out of a gas station the black plastic on the front fascia bottomed out on the road. Scuffed the lip up pretty good, but luckily missed the paint. I have yet to understand why on entrances around here they feel that the entrance needs to be ramped up and then back down to the road. Oh well I'll just have to come out at an angle and very slowly.

·
Registered
701 Posts
wow so i gues im not theo nly one with bad luck here??
my accident wasnt as bad as every ones'
i was driving my gir to work and i was almost there but one light away from her work a laddy was making a left on the other side of the road, but she didn't look properly and she stoped infront of my car for wat ever reason. and i couldn't stop in time cuz i was already in the intersection when she stoped. and my car basicly hit her car and pushed it back. (but no scratches on my car just the front bumper was a little looser than before, but i got it fixed on their expense)

·
Registered
701 Posts
:shakehead::(:eek::po: my car today got into an acident when i was on brake for work.
i basicly woke up too early for work n slept too l8 last night. and i went to get coffe out side da company, and the road was wet n i wasn't realy paying atention n my car slid to da curb realy hard n bent da front left wheel back n broke da rim :( and now i need to fix it

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
ouch! glad to hear your ok! on the bright side, looks like its time to think about some custom wheels!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I'm lucky so far, North Carolina has plenty of idiot drivers and so far, I have been able to avoid them.

That is funny! My area has a bunch of idiot drivers too. I try to stay as far away from them as possible!

·
Registered
701 Posts
ooh yah da reason i slid was cuz a person cut me off n i had to brake n da guy/girl just drove off n my mom don't belive me when i told her that she thoght i was racing which i wasn't

·
Registered
23 Posts
I walked out to get in my car and I saw a lady open her door and slam it into the right rear of my car! I was so pissed, it was late at night so I couldn't see much but I went and got my LED 4D mag light and BAM!!!!!! a huge scratch on the door. she started to walk like nothing was wrong. lets just say she no longer parks any where near me, nore I think she told a few people now I get 1 space on eather side.

·
Registered
412 Posts
ooh yah da reason i slid was cuz a person cut me off n i had to brake n da guy/girl just drove off n my mom don't belive me when i told her that she thoght i was racing which i wasn't
Moms are like that alot. My X-wife is like that with our kids. Pain in the ass cause I gotta run interference.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I work in a body shop in the front office, the first day I had my avenger(stickers still on windshield) I had it parked in front of my office, Wall to wall windows. I watched in plain daylight as my customer pulled up, parked on my passenger sideand slammed his door into my passenger front door. He got out looked at it - noticing the damages. then walked inside and didn't say anything. When I asked him about it he said "well the car is here for repairs any ways right?"... I pointed out it was my car and that he should take note of the "new" stickers on the windshield. Made him feel like an ass. Would have made him pay for it bu i had it fixed for free anyhow.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I work in a body shop in the front office, the first day I had my avenger(stickers still on windshield) I had it parked in front of my office, Wall to wall windows. I watched in plain daylight as my customer pulled up, parked on my passenger sideand slammed his door into my passenger front door. He got out looked at it - noticing the damages. then walked inside and didn't say anything. When I asked him about it he said "well the car is here for repairs any ways right?"... I pointed out it was my car and that he should take note of the "new" stickers on the windshield. Made him feel like an ass. Would have made him pay for it bu i had it fixed for free anyhow.
lol should have told him how much it is to fix it first n see his reaction den say its ok cuz u get it free hahahah:hah:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Heh. People have no respect for others property anymore. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think that person's "labor rate" may have gotten inflated a little bit for those scratches. Unfortunately the majority of people don't care or in too big of a hurry to bother. My fiance laughs at me because I will park all the way out in the back of a parking lot hopefully with at least one curb beside me to avoid as much damage as possible. Though she does the exact same thing when she drives the car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts